Jay M. Cohen
|Jay M. Cohen|
|Under Secretary of Homeland Security for Science and Technology, United States Department of Homeland Security|
August 10, 2006 – 2009
|Appointed by||George W. Bush|
|Succeeded by||Tara O'Toole|
December 12, 1945 |
New York City, New York
Jay Martin Cohen (born December 12, 1945) is a retired Rear Admiral of the United States Navy and former Under Secretary of Homeland Security for Science and Technology of the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Cohen was sworn in as Under Secretary at the Department of Homeland Security on August 10, 2006.
Cohen received a joint Ocean Engineering degree from Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and a Master of Science degree in Marine Engineering and Naval Architecture from MIT.
He served as the Under Secretary of Homeland Security for Science and Technology in the United States Department of Homeland Security from 2006 to 2009. He now is a principal in the Chertoff Group and serves on the board of directors of Hybrid Conferences, Decision Sciences International Corporation, and eCrypt Technologies.
- Date information sourced from Library of Congress Authorities data, via corresponding WorldCat Identities linked authority file (LAF) .
- "The Honorable Jay M. Cohen « Chertoff Group". Chertoffgroup.com. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "The Honorable Jay M. Cohen, Mr. Eric Womble, and Dr. Lawrence Delaney Join... – SAN DIEGO, Sept. 22 /PRNewswire/". California: Prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "eCrypt Technologies Welcomes Hon. Jay M. Cohen to Board of Directors – BOULDER, Apr. 11 /Market Wire/". Colorado: Reuters.com. Retrieved 2012-03-22.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security official biography at the Wayback Machine (archived November 24, 2007) as of November 24, 2007
- U.S. Navy official biography
|This biographical article related to politics in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to the United States Navy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|