|Born||New York City|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Education||Wharton School of Business University of Pennsylvania|
|Known for||American Media Owner, PMC, Variety_(magazine), Deadline.com, Movieline, India.com, TVline.com, BGR.com, HollywoodLife, Formula E Racing Team|
|Title||CEO and Founder of PMC|
Penske is the youngest son of Kathy and Roger Penske. Penske graduated from high school at St. Mary's Preparatory after having attended Cranbrook and Lawrenceville. At St. Mary's, Penske was named All-League, All-State, All-American, and Player of the Year by USA Today in Lacrosse. Penske also played hockey and earned All-Region and All-State honors. In 1997 he set the school records for the most goals, assists, and total points in lacrosse in the school's history, after which they retired his number.
He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School with a Bachelor of Science in Management of Information Systems and Finance. Penske is on the board of the Entrepreneurial School at the Wharton School as of 2007, and is also a member of the University of Pennsylvania Library's Board of Directors.
Penske is the founder, Chairman and CEO of PMC. Penske Media Corporation is a leading digital media and publishing company that owns and operates numerous media brands and live events. The brands today include: Variety.com, Variety_(magazine), Deadline.com, MovieLine.com, HollywoodLife.com, LA411, NY411, TVLine.com, BGR.com, CricketCountry.com, India.com, StyleAwards, Breakthrough Awards, VarietyLatino.com, and other digital publishing assets. Penske was also formerly the founder and CEO of Mail.com, the email and portal service which PMC sold to the German media company United Internet for an amount between €50-€100Million in September 2010. In addition he also cofounded and was Chairman of Firefly Mobile, Inc., a wireless company that developed the Firefly mobile phone for children, and other youth targeted mobile products. Penske also owns Dragon Books, Ltd., a Los Angeles based bookstore which sells rare and collectible books which opened for business in 1999.
Penske additionally owns an IndyCar Series racing team with Steve Luczo, the Chairman of Seagate Technologies. Luczo Dragon Racing's Raphael Matos won rookie of the year honors in 2009. The team name is derived from Penske's love of books and business interest Dragon Books, Ltd., and his partner's last name. For 2010, Penske's racing team had former Indy Lights champion Raphael Matos behind the wheel of the HP #2 car for the full Indycar Series circuit of events. In 2011, the name of the team changed to Dragon Racing, with Penske as the sole owner, and Paul Tracy was announced as the driver. In 2012 the team planned to run Lotus engines with a two-car team composed of Sebastien Bourdais and Katherine Legge. Due to issues with the Lotus engines Dragon Racing switched to Chevrolet for the Indy 500. Dragon Racing's drivers for the 2013 season were Sebastian Saavedra and Sebastien Bourdais.
In October 2013, Dragon Racing signed an agreement with Formula E Holdings to be the fourth franchise team to enter the new FIA Formula E Championship. Dragon Racing's drivers for the 2014/2015 FIA Formula E Championship season will be Jérôme d'Ambrosio, Oriol Servià, and Sebastien Bourdais.
Penske assists charitable trust organization the Quill Awards, where he is an Executive Council member. Also at the 2007 Indianapolis 500 Luczo Dragon Racing donated over $250,000 of its race proceeds—to benefit the charities and non-profit organizations founded by Baron Davis, Tony Dungy, John Elway, Wayne Gretzky, Marcus Allen, Jackson Browne, Brandi Chastain, Ronnie Lott, Jonny Moseley, Chris Mullin, Kerri Walsh and Kristi Yamaguchi.
Recognition & Awards
Under Penske's leadership, PMC was awarded as one of North America's top 100 Private Companies. Penske was additionally recognized as an Under 30 and Under 40 Success Story in 2005.  Penske was also added to VanityFair's New Establishment list, and in 2010 Vanity Fair named Penske one of the 10 best dressed men in the world in their "2010 International Best-Dressed List".
Indy 500 results
- "1997 Boys' High School All-American Lacrosse Team"; ESPN; Retrieved October 25, 2007
- "St. Mary's Preparatory honors trio for athletic accomplishments"; April 15, 2004; The Oakland Press; Retrieved September 6, 2007
- Lacrosse Records; St. Mary's Preparatory; Retrieved October 18, 2007
- "Jay Penske hopes to follow in footsteps of famous father"; Bruce Martin; May 21, 2007; yahoo.com; Retrieved October 18, 2007
- "Trustees' Winter Meeting Coverage"; February 27, 2007; University of Pennsylvania; Retrieved November 10, 2007
- "Son Adopts Father's Passion"; May 15, 2007; The Columbus Dispatch; Retrieved November 10, 2007
- Ben Fritz (2009-06-24). "Nikki Finke's Deadline Hollywood Daily is sold to Mail.com". Los Angeles Times.
- Ben Fritz (2009-11-16). "Jay Penske betting he can beat the odds in Internet media". Los Angeles Times.
- Tsotsis, Alexia (September 20, 2010). "Mail.com Media Sells Mail.com To United Internet Group". TechCruchAol.
- "Another Penske Wants to Make Name at Indy"; May 25, 2007; Detroit Free Press; Retrieved November 10, 2007
- Dave Lewandowski (2009-12-08). "Journey partially fulfilled". IndyCar.
- "Entry List Examination"; IndyCar; Retrieved October 24, 2007
- Glendenning, Mark (May 9, 2012). "Dragon Racing sues Lotus over engine deal". Autosport.com.
- Glendenning, Mark (May 17, 2012). "Dragon's switch to Chevrolet engines approved by IndyCar". Autosport.com.
- Mike Szostech. "Dragon Racing joins FIA Forumla E Championship". My Electric Car Forums. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "List of Executive Council"; Quill Awards; Retrieved October 24, 2007
- "Pit Notes"; May 17, 2007; USA Today; Retrieved November 10, 2007
- "NFL"; Tony Dungy; Retrieved October 25, 2007
- "John Elway"; John Elway; Retrieved October 24, 2007
- "The Associated Press--NBC; May 24, 2007; Associated Press; Retrieved October 23, 2007
- "Top 100 List"; Retrieved May 24, 2008
- "Young Entrepreneur; November 6, 2005; Wharton School of Business; Retrieved August 18, 2014
- Matt Pressman (2009-10-08). "The Next Establishment". Condenast.
- VF Style Section. "The 2010 International Best-Dressed List". Condenast.
- "Indy 500 Results 2007; Indy 500; Retrieved October 24, 2007