||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|
Richardson in November 2008.
|No. 56 Free agent|
|Date of birth:||January 27, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Dublin, Ohio|
|Height:||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight:||280 lb (127 kg)|
|High school:||Dublin (OH) Scioto|
|NFL draft:||2007 / Round: 5 / Pick: 138|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
Jay Richardson (born January 27, 1984) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the Ohio State Buckeyes, where he majored in African Studies. He was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round of the 2007 NFL Draft and played for the team for three seasons. He has also played for the Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, and New Orleans Saints.
New York Jets
New Orleans Saints
Richardson had a strong performance during the Saints 2013 training camp but he was cut from the roster at the end of the preseason. After the Saints sustained several defensive injuries in their first regular season game, Richardson was brought back to the team on September 12, 2013. The Saints released him again on October 8, 2013, to make room for defensive end Keyunta Dawson.
- MSNBC report on Richardson's status.
- Jets Media Relations Department (16 April 2012). "DE Richardson, S Smith Join Jets Roster". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 17 April 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- Lange, Randy (31 August 2012). "Final 7 Cuts Announced, Roster’s Now at 53". New York Jets. Archived from the original on 31 August 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- Mike Triplett, "Jay Richardson strengthens case to help New Orleans Saints fill void at outside linebacker", Times-Picayune, August 29, 2013.
- Katherine Terrell, "New Orleans Saints re-sign defensive lineman Jay Richardson, waive receiver Andy Tanner", Times-Picayune, September 12, 2013.
- Katherine Terrell, "New Orleans Saints release Jay Richardson, sign defensive end Keyunta Dawson", Times-Picayune, October 8, 2013.