New York City
|Occupation||Writer, DJ, radio personality, blogger|
He is also known for blogging on the website hiphopmusic.com and hosting Ill Doctrine, a hip hop video blog. Ill Doctrine features Smooth's commentary on hip hop, politics, and social justice as in the "Soulja Boy Presidential Debate Remix" or the spot "How to Tell People They Sound Racist". Smooth also occasionally provides music commentary on NPR, and founded one of the world's first hip-hop websites, hiphopmusic.com.
In 2008 he was chosen as one of Salon.com's "sexiest men living."
On February 9th, 2015, Smooth released a remix of the Kenny Loggins hit "Playing With the Boys" as an homage to the famous sand volleyball scene in Top Gun.
- "Panels at SXSW Interactive 2009". Retrieved May 20, 2009.
- "Underground Railroad – Jay Smooth". Retrieved May 20, 2009.
- "Black Video Stars". Blackweb2.0. Retrieved May 20, 2009.
- Albrecht, Chris. "Ninja Tops iTunes Podcast List (Again)". Newteevee.com. Retrieved May 20, 2009.
- "Commentary by Jay Smooth on NPR". National Public Radio. Retrieved July 17, 2012.
- "About Ill Doctrine – Youtube". Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "Sexiest Man Living". Salon.com.
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (May 2014)|
- illdoctrine.com, Smooth's video blog
- nildoctrine.com, Smooth's second blog
- illdoctrine YouTube channel
- hiphopmusic.com, Hiphopmusic.com, which Smooth founded
- WBAI archives
- , Big Think interview with Smooth
|This biographical article related to hip hop music in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|