18 December 1990
|Home town||Rutherglen, Lanarkshire, Scotland|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
Johnson began attending drama classes aged eight and landed her first professional acting job at 11 in the film Dear Frankie, starring Emily Mortimer and Gerard Butler. From the age of 13, Johnson played Nicki Cullen in the Glasgow-set soap opera River City. She left in 2009, after six years, to train at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York before returning to Scotland after being hand-picked for the lead role of Paddy Meehan in BBC Scotland's adaptation of The Field of Blood for which she won the 2011 BAFTA Scotland Award for Best Television Actor/Actress ahead of co-stars Peter Capaldi and Ford Kiernan. Johnson reprised the role of Paddy Meehan for The Field of Blood: The Dead Hour which began filming in Glasgow in November 2012 and was broadcast on BBC One in August 2013.
The youngest of three children, Johnson grew up in Rutherglen, Lanarkshire and was educated at the local Stonelaw High School. Her parents Connie and Johnny own and run a café in the Forge Market in the east end of Glasgow. Her elder sister Jordana is a wedding planner while brother, John Paul, works in the family business.
2004 Dear Frankie as Catriona
2004-2009 River City (TV series) as Nicki Cullen
2011- The Field of Blood as Paddy Meehan
- Hendry, Steve (4 August 2013). "Former River City star Jayd Johnson tells why working on second series of 1980s newsroom drama was a dream come true". Daily Record (Glasgow). Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "Jayd Johnson". Creative Artists Management. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Swarbrick, Susan (2 May 2011). "Deadline to death". Herald Scotland (Glasgow). Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "British Academy Scotland Award Winners Crowned" (Press release). Glasgow: BAFTA Scotland. 13 November 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "British Academy Scotland Awards Winners in 2011". BAFTA Scotland. 13 November 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- "BBC ploughs ahead with Field of Blood". C21 Media. 30 November 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Adewunmi, Bim (8 August 2013). "TV highlights 08/08/2013". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Geddes, Jonathan (7 August 2013). "Rutherglen actress Jayd Johnson on her starring role in Field Of Blood". Rutherglen Reformer (Hamilton). Retrieved 8 August 2013.
|This biographical article related to Scottish television people is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Scottish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|