|Type||Privately held company|
|Key people||Jaiprakash Gaur (Chairman)|
Expressways and Highways
|Revenue||138.31 billion (US$2.5 billion) (2010–11)|
|Net income||17.54 billion (US$320 million) (2010–11)|
The Jaypee Group is an conglomerate based in Noida, India. It was founded by Jaiprakash Gaur which is involved in well diversified infrastructure conglomerate with business interests in Engineering & Construction, Power, Cement, Real Estate, Hospitality, Expressways, Sports & Education (not-for-profit).
Jaiprakash Gaur, Founder Chairman of Jaiprakash Associates Limited after acquiring a Diploma in Civil Engineering in 1950 from the University of Roorkee—now called the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR)—in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, had a stint with the Uttar Pradesh government and branched off on his own, to start as a civil contractor in 1958, group is the third largest cement producer in the country. The groups cement facilities are located today all over India in 10 states, with 18 plants having an aggregate cement production capacity of 24 million tonnes and same is poised to become 36 million Tonnes before October 2011.
A timeline of the Jaypee Group:
- 1979 – Jaiprakash Associates Pvt Ltd formed and sets foot in Iraq.
- 1981 – Commenced Hotel Business with first hotel in Delhi – Siddharth
- 1982 – Hotel Vasant Continental was set up
- 1986 – Commissioning of first unit of 1 MTPA Jaypee Rewa Plant (JRP) in District Rewa, MP Formation of Jaiprakash Industries Ltd (JIL)
- 1987 – JIL listed on Bombay Stock Exchange
- 1991 – Commissioning of 2nd unit of 1.5 MTPA Jaypee Rewa Plant
- 1992 – Jaiprakash Hydro Power Ltd established to operate 300 MW Baspa II HE Project, Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd established to operate 400 MW Vishnuprayag HE project
- 1993 – JIL signs a memorandum of understanding to develop and operate 1,000 MW Karcham Wangtoo HE Project
- 1995 – Bela Cement Ltd incorporated to establish third Cement Plant at Bela, Hotel Jaypee Residency Manor set up
- 1996 – Commissioning of the third cement plant 1.7 MTPA Jaypee Bela Plant in District Rewa, MP
- 1999 – Hotel Jaypee Palace, Agra set up
- 2000 – Jaypee Greens Ltd – 458-acre (1.85 km2) golf-centric real estate company comes into being
- 2001 – Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (deemed University since 1 November 2004) set up at Noida.
- 2002 – Jaypee Karcham Hydro Corporation Ltd established to operate 1,000 MW Karcham Wangtoo HE Project, Jaypee University of Information Technology at Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh is founded.
- 2003 – Jaypee Hotel Training Centre (JHTC) is set up at Agra to train students in hotel management. In 2007 the institute changed its program from a diploma course to a degree course and increased the length of study from two to three years.
- 2003 – Jaypee Institute of Engineering Technology (Constituent Centre of JUIT, Waknaghat) set up at Raghogarh, Guna. Later this institute was declared first private state university of Madhya Pradesh as Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology. Also first Captive Thermal Power Plant of 25 MW commissioned at JRP. Formation of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd (JAL) by merging JIL with Jaypee Cement Ltd
- 2004 – Commissioning of second Captive Power Plant of 25 MW at Jaypee Bela Plant
- 2005 – Shares of JHPL listed on BSE/NSE. First hydropower company to be listed in the country
- 2006 – Setting up of Madhya Pradesh Jaypee Minerals Corporation Ltd (MPJMCL) in JV with MP State
- 2007 – Signing of a joint venture agreement with Steel Authority of India Ltd for setting up a 2.0 MTPA slag based cement plant at Bhilai.
- 2008 – Jaypee Ganga Infrastructure Corporation Ltd incorporated for implementation of 1,047 km long, eight-lane, access-controlled expressway between Greater Noida and Ballia in Uttar Pradesh, Chunar, and Dalla cement plants (UPPCL) in UP commissioned
- 2009 – Amalgamation of four Group Companies, namely, Jaypee Cement Limited, Gujarat Anjan Cement Limited, Jaypee Hotels Limited and Jaiprakash Enterprises Limited with flagship company JAL. Acquired Sangam Power Generation Company Ltd. Signing of MOU for setting up a 2 million tonnes per annum capacity cement plant in joint venture with Assam Mineral Development Corporation Limited (AMDC). Group is setting up a Jaypee Hitech Casting Centre. Amalgamation of Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd. with Jaiprakash Hydro-Power Ltd.; the name of the Company i.e., Jaiprakash Hydro-Power Ltd. changed to Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd.
- 2010 – Commissioning of 1.75 MnTPA Jaypee Himachal Cement Grinding and Blending Plant, Bagheri (H.P.)., 2.2 MnTPA Bhilai Jaypee Cement Ltd., Satna (Madhya Pradesh)., 1.2 million tonnes Jaypee Roorkee Cement Grinding Unit (JRCGU) at Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
- 2011 – Buddh International Circuit – Greater Noida.
- 2012–Yamuna Expressway-New Delhi NOIDA -Agra Express eight-lane highway. Project completed on 9 August 2012, and opened to general public.
Jaypee is India's third largest cement producer and the largest private sector hydropower company with 1,700 MW in operation. The Jaypee Group successfully completed projects in 18 states of India and Bhutan. Jaypee is the engineering and construction company for India's Yamuna Expressway, which opened 9 August 2012.
JIL, the group flagship, has an engineering and construction wing which mostly supports Jaypee projects. It also has the largest land bank in India's National Capital Region, i.e., New Delhi. Jaypee has four thermal power plants totalling 5,120 MW under construction, and these are slated to go on stream by December 2014.
Hydropower projects 
- Sardar Sarovar Dam: a gravity dam on the narmada near Navagam, Gujarat; it is India's largest concrete dam NO IT IS NOT
- Tehri Dam: a multipurpose rock-and-earth-fill embankment dam on the Bhagirathi River near Tehri in Uttarakhand; it is India's largest rockfill dam
- Nathpa Jhakri Dam: an underground powerhouse on the Sutlej River in Himachal Pradesh
- Indirasagar Dam: the second-largest surface powerhouse on the Narmada River at Narmadanagar in the Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh
- "Jaypee Group". Jalindia.com. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- 25 March 2009, 12:27 am IST, Sanjeev Choudhary, ET Bureau (25 March 2009). "Jaypee Group keeps head above water – The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- "Jaypee Group | Investors-Highlights". Jalindia.com. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- "Jaypee Group | Corporate-Profile". Jalindia.com. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- Ashwani Sharma (15 May 2012). "The billion-rupee penalty in state of green landmarks".
- Jaypee Timeline