Jaypee Institute of Information Technology
|Jaypee Institute of Information Technology|
|जेपी सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान|
|Motto||विद्या तत्व ज्योतिसमः|
|Motto in English||Education, Enlightenment, Empowerment|
|Officer in charge||Colonel (Retd.) Vijay Kumar SM, VSM|
|Chancellor||Dr. Yajulu Medury|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. S.C. Saxena|
|Dean||1. Prof. Dr. Krishna Gopal
(Academic & Research Sec-62)
2. Dr. Krishna Kant
|Location||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Campus||1. Sec-62: Urban, 15.5 acres (0.0627 km2)
2. Sec-128: Urban, 9.786 acres (0.039603 km2)
|Sports||Cricket, Football, Badminton, Tennis, Basketball|
Jaypee Institute of Information Technology (Hindi: जेपी सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान), better known as JIIT Noida is a deemed university, situated in Noida, Gautam Buddh Nagar district of the Indian state Uttar Pradesh, offering programs in technical education at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level. Presently the university is recognised as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of UGC Act 1956.
- 1 History
- 2 Academics
- 3 Departments
- 4 Research Centres
- 5 Infrastructure
- 6 Student life
- 7 College fest
- 8 Extra-curricular activities
- 9 Campuses
- 10 International linkages
- 11 Institute-Industry Synergy
- 12 Notable alumni
- 13 Controversies
- 14 Gallery: Sector-62 Noida campus
- 15 See also
- 16 References
- 17 External links
The university was founded in 2001 by Jaypee Group and commenced its operation in the start of academic year in July 2001. Initially it was affiliated to the state university Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat and started offering only diploma courses. By 1 November 2004, it was declared as deemed university by UGC. Then HRD minister Dr. Arjun Singh inaugurated the institute as deemed university. He also presided as the chief guest of the opening ceremony.
Expansion into multiple campuses
JIIT, Noida has created a new sprawling campus, which is located in the fast developing corporate and housing hub at Sector-128, Noida. The campus is approximately 20 km. (a 30-minute drive) from the main campus of JIIT at Sector-62, and just 10 minutes drive from the Amity chowk area on the Greater Noida Expressway. It commenced operations from the start of academic session in August 2009. Though the sector-128 campus is new, it lacks in providing hostel facilities to students.
Chancellor and academic head
Jaiprakash Gaur was the founder chairman and chancellor of the university after that his son Mr. Manoj Gaur served as the 2nd chancellor of the university. He was followed by Dr. Yajulu Medury and he is serving as the current Chancellor of the university. Dr. J. P. Gupta was the university founder director and first Vice-Chancellor. He was followed by Dr. S. C. Saxena and he is serving as the current Vice-Chancellor (acting) from 1 July 2011, onward. Dr. Shankar Lall Maskara was the first Dean of Academic & Research of Sector-62 campus and he was followed by Dr. Krishna Gopal.
University offers undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Technology degree and postgraduate program leading to Master of Technology degree. There is also a five-year dual degree program as well as doctorate research programs. JIIT also offers MBA program under its constituent Jaypee Business School.
Before 2005, students had to take a separate entrance test for the university to obtain admission into the B.Tech programs. Year 2005 onwards, all admissions for the engineering programs are based on the AIEEE ranks for application to the university. To obtain admission in the MBA program, one needs to undergo CAT or MAT exam held in the month of November and December. Postgraduate programs admissions like M.Tech programs are based on GATE scores and also on a Post Graduate Test conducted by the university to select the suitable candidates.
At present university divided into the 6 academic departments. Each department has its own administration structure with the Head of the Department (HoD) at the top of it. Departments include:
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Department of Electronics & Communication
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Physics and Material Science
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
A dedicated Research Centre for MEMS Design has been created by the university as an interdisciplinary research establishment. MEMS design centre involves participation from the various departments of the university viz. Electronics and Communication, Physics and Material Science and Biotechnology. Centre has been created to implement the National Program of Materials for Smart Sensors (NPMASS) initiated by Aeronautical Development Agency of Government of India. Under NPMASS, MEMS Centre has obtained state of art software such as COMSOL Multiphysics, Intellisuite and Tanner EDA. Centre also has collaborative projects from DRDO on Infrared Sensor Device development. The Centre has undertaken in-house development of Quartz Micro-balance for Bio-sensors, MEMS Inductor Design for RF wireless application, Microcantilever for communication filter and lead free piezo ceramics through master level projects.
The campus was built at a cost of INR 1140 million, with a built up area of 68,340 square meter consisting of buildings with internet connectivity, air conditioned academic block, faculty residences, student hostels, annapurna (university mess), laboratories and Learning Resource Centre.
Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) is the name of library of the university. LRC is a Knowledge Centre which has rich resources mainly in Computer Science, Information Technology, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Physics and Materials Science, Humanities, Management and other related applied fields. It is a three-storey centrally air conditioned and wi-fi enabled block and has a sitting capacity of 400 readers. It is situated in the academic building Aryabhatt 1 of the sec-62 campus of the university and is the hub of the entire academic and research activities of the university. LRC users know the availability status of the books and other materials through the Public Access Catalogue.
It has more than 40000 volumes of books, 427 ebooks, 472 ACM ( journals, Transactions, Proceedings, Reports, etc.), 102614 Emerlad journals, 5937 Springer lecture notes, 150000 ABI/INFORM Complete ( journals, Reports, Theses & Dissertations, etc.), 1941 project reports and 3000 Audio & Video Resources.
LRC is linked with DELNET (Developing Library Network). LRC users can access online journals of IEEE, ACM, Engineering Village and Springer through the consortium, INDEST (Indian National Digital Library in Engineering, Science and Technology). Dr. Sanjay Kataria was the first & founder Librarian. He was followed by Mr. Rajbir Singh and he is serving as the current Librarian (acting) from 1 November 2012.
There are four computer labs, other labs are Biotechnology Lab (9000 sq mt), Analog and Digital Communication Lab, Instrumentation Lab, Machine Lab, Control systems lab, Electronic Design lab (uses MATLAB and VHDL), Microprocessor Lab (equipped with Intel 8085, 8086 and 8051 kits helps the students to develop the necessary confidence in Assembly Language programming ) and a Physics lab. MTech labs are equipped with facilities like LAN trainer, CDMA trainer, antenna trainer and mobile communication trainer.
Annapurna is the name of the university mess which serves all the students along with the faculty. Its capable of accommodating 930 students and faculty at a time with 2 kitchens. It is a double storey building with ground floor for girls and first floor for boys. Mess has a buffet system. It has a separate cafeteria as well, which operates throughout the day except during mess hours.
University provides on-campus residential facilities to its students, research scholars, faculty members and many of its staff. The students have option to stay in hostels or outside of the university campus. Most of the rooms in the hostels are designed to accommodate two student per room. The hostels are provided with a common room with television, table tennis boards, carom boards and other forms of entertainment. 
IMPRESSIONS 2012, the annual techno-cultural-managerial festival of JIIT held from 30 March to 1 April organised by JIIT Youth Club, was a pulsating festival with an array of events including India is great channel for self-evaluation, but it was also a pedestal, that served the purpose of experience and endurance. IMPRESSIONS 2012 imparted hard learned lessons and left behind memories which linger on forever like a distant symphony. Like the finger prints it means something totally different to each individual and each one lives it in a unique way. That is the peculiar charm of IMPRESSIONS. The rock nights and music concerts are In all IMPRESSIONS was that event which made college life worthwhile when everyone treads on the same path towards a common goal. When everyone gets together and sets into the 'relaxed' mode to enjoy the most memorable days of their life-the college life, to the fullest.
JIIT Youth Club (JYC), is the sole student body of the university, believe in furthering the development of the students as a whole, and strive to provide a climate that nurtures the holistic development of the students, an environment that is trusting and spontaneous; and encourages flexibility, celebration and recognition. This is achieved through annual cultural, technical fests, various events, parties, treks, outings and other spontaneous activities to maintain high levels of enthusiasm and team integration. Focusing on technical, literary, sports, and cultural competitive activities, apart from serving as a retreat from intense academic loads, these extracurricular activities presents with an opportunity this builds confidence, encourages teamwork and gives students a strong sense of achievement and belonging.
- IEEE Student Branch, JIIT, Noida
- CodeChef(RubixDen), JIIT, Noida
- CICR (Creativity and Innovation Cell in Robotic)
- CICE (Creativity and Innovation Cell in Electronics)
- RIBOSE (Resonance in Biotechnologists and Engineers)
- Sector-62 Noida
- Sector-128 Noida
- The Sector-128 campus is newly established and has been operational since start of the academic session in July 2009 and currently offering undergraduate courses in Computer Science Engineering, Electronic & Communication Engineering and B.A Honours.
University has established academic collaborations and partnerships with the following institutions around the world:
- The Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Florida
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- University of Westminster
- University of Abertay Dundee
- Cheng Shiu University, Taiwan
- Alianza 4 Universidades, Spain
University has established partnerships with the following organisations to provide additional training, workshops and practical work experience to its students:
- Kriti Sanon, Actress, model
In 2010, the Government of India decided to derecognise 44 universities including JIIT. The matter still lies in the Supreme Court of India.
Gallery: Sector-62 Noida campus
- Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat
- Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology, Guna
- "JIIT Registrar". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-02-24.
- "JIIT campus". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- "Deemed University Directory, University Grants Commission, India". ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Association of Indian Universities member list". aiuweb.org. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
- "List of Deemed Universities". education.nic.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "About JIIT". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "JIIT Sec-128 Campus". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 6 April 2012.
- "List of authorities". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "JIIT academic courses list". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "JIIT curriculum of various programmes". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Jaypee Business School". jbs.ac.in. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- "JIIT courses accreditation status". aicte-india.org. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- "JIIT admission information portal". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Department List of JIIT". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "JIIT MEMS design centre". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Campus information". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "LRC". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "LRC collection". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Labs". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Student life". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "Impressions". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "JYC". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "IEEE Student Branch in UP, India". ieee.org. Retrieved 2013-08-21.
- "CICR". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "CICE". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "RIBOSE". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- "JIIT sec 128 campus". jiit.ac.in. Retrieved 2013-01-31.
- "International Linkages of JIIT". jiit.ac.in. 1 March 2013.
- "Corporate Collaborations of JIIT". jiit.ac.in. 30 March 2012.
- "Corporate Collaboration with Wipro". jiit.ac.in. 30 March 2012.
- "Corporate Collaboration with HCL Technologies". jiit.ac.in. 30 March 2012.
- "Corporate Collaboration with Accenture". jiit.ac.in. 30 March 2012.
- "Kirti Sanon IMDB profile". imdb.com. 10 February 2013.
- "List of proposed De-recognised deemed universities". educationobserver.com. Retrieved 2012-01-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jaypee Institute of Information Technology.|
- JIIT official webpage
- JUIT official webpage
- JUET official webpage
- Jaypee Business School official webpage
- Learning Resource Center official webpage
- Google map view of JIIT, Noida
- Wikimapia map view of JIIT, Noida
- Jaypee Group's official webpage
- Impressions website