Jaypee University of Information Technology
|Jaypee University Of Information Technology|
|Motto||विद्या तत्व ज्योतिसमः|
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Officer in charge||Brig. (Retd.) Balbir Singh|
|Chancellor||H.E. Urmila Singh (Hon'ble governor)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Ravi Prakash|
|Academic & Research Dean||Dr. T.S Lamba|
|Location||Waknaghat, Distt. Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India
|Campus||25 acres (100,000 m2)|
|Pro Chancellor||Shri. Manoj Gaur|
Jaypee University of Information Technology (also J. P. University of Information Technology and JUIT) (Hindi: जेपी सूचना तकनीक विश्वविद्यालय) is a state (private) university in Waknaghat, Solan, Himachal Pradesh, India. The curriculum focuses on undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level studies and research in engineering and applied sciences disciplines.
Jaypee University of Information Technology is recognised by the state government of Himachal Pradesh, India. It was set up by Act No. 14 of 2002 vide Extraordinary Gazette notification of Government of Himachal Pradesh dated 23 May 2002. JUIT was approved by the University Grants Commission under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, the University commenced academic activities from July 2002.
The campus is spread over 25 acres (100,000 m2) of the green slopes of Waknaghat. The town of Kasauli can be seen from the university on one side, far on the hill.
Though the university campus can be reached by taxi cabs and autorickshaws available at University Gate and Waknaghat. The nearest railway station is Kaithleeghat, 4 kilometers from Waknaghat and the nearest airport is Shimla. Regular bus service is available to Chandigarh, Delhi and most major stations of Himachal Pradesh and Punjab at Shimla and Solan bus stations.
- Chancellor: H.E. Urmila Singh, Hon. Governor of Himachal Pradesh
- Pro Chancellor: Shri. Manoj Gaur, Executive Chairman Jaypee Group
- Vice Chancellor: Prof. Ravi Prakash
- Academic & Research Dean: Dr. T.S. Lamba
- Registrar (education): Brig. (Retd.) Balbir Singh
Academic programmes 
The university offers the following programmes:
- Bachelor Of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Information Technology
- Bachelor Of Technology in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Bioinformatics Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Biotechnology Engineering
- Bachelor Of Pharmacy in Pharmacy
- Master of Pharmacy in Pharmacy — specialization in Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Doctoral programs (Ph.D. degree) in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Pharmacy, Physics, ECE, CS, IT, PD and applied sciences
In addition to the above mentioned programs, a dual degree program is offered, wherein a student spends four years at JUIT attending aforementioned programs and one year of the MBA program at the Jaypee Business School, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, NOIDA.
About 90% of the students live on-campus. On-campus boarding capacity is for up to 1500 students. All rooms are provided with Internet access. Single and double rooms are available with the former being slightly more expensive. Each student is provided with a bed, an almirah, a rack and shelf and a table. Food at the college mess, Annapurna, is available to students living on-campus without extra payment.
Gymnasium facilities are available.
Computing facilities 
There are more than 1000 IBM desktops in the academic block available to students in five computer labs. A UNIX(OS - Sun Solaris 9) lab has recently been discontinued.[when?] Laser color and black and white printers are available.
Other facilities 
- A fully automated Learning Resource Center stacked with latest books, journals (online and print) for research and development work.
- Physics Lab: For experiments on optics & nanotechnology related areas
- Electronics & Communication Labs
- Civil Infrastructural Labs
- Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Research and Academic Labs
Annapurna mess 
There are two large student dining halls. Food chosen by the mess administration is provided for the students three times a day. For eating off campus, students have the option of food kiosks and dhabas by local residents.
Cafeteria and tuck shop 
A cafeteria and a tuck shop, which sell a plethora of finger-foods, cater to student need for eatables, stationery, and gift items. These places are mostly thronged with students at the off academic sessions.
Sanrachna cultural night 
Sanrachna Night was held on 29 January 2010 by the CEC where the first annual civil engineering technical magazine by Civil Engineering Consortium was launched.
Le Fiestus 
The official festival of JUIT is a three-day event organised by JYC-JUIT Youth Club, held in March or April. In 2011, it was 8–10 April and called "Le Fiestus 2011" with the theme "Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam" (World Is One Family). The celebrities during the night events were DJG Kilogram (featuring singer Girish Kilogram), Bodhi Satavas, Vishal-Shekhar (Vishal Dadlani and Shekhar Ravjiani) and actress Shruti Pathak.
The fest started with a bang with the colourful cultural night showcasing the dance talents of JUITians. Faculty members performed with special sequences. Group performances ranged from hip hop to Rajasthani folk dances. On the second night there was a performance from Bodhi Sattvas and DJG Kilogram performed and made everyone dance to their rock music.
The third night featured a performance by Vishal-Shekhar and Shruti Pathak. It was a level above every other event at the fest and made the crowd sway and swing to his melodious numbers.
IMST 2009-FIM XVIII Conference 
The university hosted the Eighteenth International Conference of Forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics on Interdisciplinary Mathematical and Statistical Techniques from 2 to 4 August 2009. The conference was hosted in collaboration with renowned faculties from University of South Alabama (USA), University of Wollongong (Australia), Auburn University (USA) and University of Delhi (India). Researchers from around the world presented papers on the following topics during the conference:
- Information, Coding Theory and Applications
- Statistical inference
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Environmental Statistics
- Fuzzy Set Theory and Applications
- Graph Theory, Harmonic Analysis and Wavelets
- Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations
- Mathematical Methods for Signal Processing
- Operations Research
- Statistical and Mathematical Methods in Engineering
- Mathematics, Systems and Robotics
- Mathematical and Computational Biology
- Prediction, Time Series and Stochastic processes
- Statistical Modeling for Medical Research
First International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing 
The university hosted the First International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing from 28 to 30 October 2010. The conference showcased keynote speakers as Yale Patt The University of Texas (USA), Christian Scheideler Universität Paderborn (Germany), Rajkumar Buyya The University of Melbourne (Australia), Dietmar Tutsch University of Wuppertal (Germany). Researchers from around the world presented papers. The sponsors for the event were CSIR and IEEE.
Tech fest "Murious" 
"Murious" is the official technical festival of JUIT organized by Tech Club, JYC. Murious means "limitless" and aims at bringing out talent in students from all domains to vie for honor. With events ranging from robotics to programming to some fun-and-frolic events like junkyard wars, it tries to give JUITians a three-day respite from their routine toil. It is usually held during January.
The welcome day for the incoming batch.
- Jaypee Youth Club (JYC)
- Event Management Club
- Environment Club
- Cultural Club
- Tech Club (CreaTech)
- Sports Club
- Literary Club
- Movie Club
- Civil Engineering Consortium
- Linux Users Group
- Bio Club - Synapse
- IEEE student Branch
Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics 
The Department of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics was ranked first among biotech-offering private institutes of India (Biospectrum survey, 2009–2010), for its world-class laboratories and research infrastructure and excellent team of scientists and faculty. It offers academic and research programs like B.Tech, M. Tech and Ph.D. respectively in biotechnology, bioinformatics and pharmacy streams. Many research projects funded from agencies like DBT, DST, ICMR, DRDO are under operation in the department.
The department has been accredited as Centre of Excellence (institutional programme support) by DBT, government of India.
Department of Pharmacy 
Full article at JUIT Department of Pharmacy.
The department was established in 2008 and offers four year B.Pharmacy, two year M. Pharmacy (Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Biotechnology), and Ph.D. program in Pharmaceutical Sciences. It imparts education to equip students with modern skills compatible to the needs of industry and academia. The program objective is to provide a well-rounded undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral education in pharmaceutical sciences and to integrate knowledge with hands-on experience to enhance career path development. The department has a strong doctoral research program in various of pharmaceutical sciences.
- Jaypee University of Information Technology Official website
- Department of Pharmacy at JUIT waknaghat
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida Official website
- Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology, Guna Official website
- Le Fiestus - The College Fest
- Jaypee Business School
- Learning Resource Center
- Google Maps View