August 3, 1940 |
Lucknow, British India
Qureshi was born on August 3, 1940 in Luchnow, India, where he spent his childhood. When he was six, his father died. As a result he could not study further and worked hard for his living. He migrated with his family to Lahore, Pakistan, in 1950. He gained work in the press. He recommenced his studies and began writing poetry, attending literary gatherings and reading his poetry. His first literary gathering was in the Shahi Qila, chaired by famous poet Ehsan Danish.
Qureshi was helped to write poetry by Shakir Dehlavi, who belonged to Dagh Dehlavi school of thought. Qureshi moved to Karachi in 1962, he worked in different magazines and newspapers. He qualified for master degree from University of Karachi. Later he became a teacher in a college. He also made a feature film, "Pathar Kay Sanam", but it failed to gain a public response and experienced a financial loss.
Qureshi has written many books. His first work of literary criticism was published in 1982, and he also published poetry and prose books. He is an admiredable poet at the literary gatherings. As a poet and writer he has visited 35 cities across the United States, and he has also visited Bahrain, Qatar, Dubai, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi several times.
- Takhleeqi Awaz تخلیقی آواز
- Ankh aur Charagh آنکھ اور چراغ
- Shairee aur Tehzeeb شاعری اور تہذیب
- Doosray Kinaray Tuk دوسرے کنارے تک
- Meri TehreeraiN میری تحریریں
- Mein nay Yeh Jana میں نے یہ جانا
- Pehchan پہچان
- Neend ka Reshum نیند کا ریشم
- Sheeshay ka Darakht شیشے کا درخت
- Ashoab e JaN آشوب جاں
- Ujlee AwazaiN اجلی آوازیں
- Shakasta Uks شکستہ عکس
- Shanasaii شناسائی
- Jhernay جھرنے
- AqeedataiN عقیدتیں
- Mujhay Yad Haiمجھے یاد ہے
- Naat kay Jadeed Rung نعت کے جدید رنگ
- Meri Shairee Meri Musavari میری شاعری، میری مصوری
- "An evening with Jazib Qureshi". Dawn.com. 2003-06-15. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- "Fans, detractors evaluate Jazib Qureshi". TheNews.com.pk. 2011-10-09. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- "Arts Council's polls". Daily news .net.pk. 2011-12-20. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- "Man of letters". Daily Dawn. 2008-10-09. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- Literature is losing adherents
- Jazib Qureshi attended book launching ceremony
- جدید نعت پہ جاذب قریشی کا تبصرہ