|Look up جزيرة or Al Jazeera in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Other possible transcriptions include Jazeera, Jazira, Jazeerah, Gezirah, Gazirah, Gazira, Gazeera, Gazeerah, Gezeerah. The Arabic definite article al is not always included, but if it is included, it may then be perceived as incorrect to say "the al Jazira" (two definite articles), except where the al is treated as part of the brand name: "the Al Jazeera TV channel".
Jazira and its variants, with or without the article "al", may refer to:
- Al Jazira, Mesopotamia, the river plain of Mesopotamia, which encompasses northwestern Iraq and northeastern Syria
- shibh al-jazīrah al-ʻarabīyah, the Arabian peninsula
- Al Jazirah, Sharjah, a settlement in Sharjah
- Al Jazirah (state) in Sudan
- Gezira Island, is an island on the river Nile in central Cairo, best known for its up-market residential district Zamalek
- Algeciras, a city in Cádiz province, southern Spain, near Gibraltar
- Madina al Jazira, the Arabic name of the town of Ciutadella
- The Arabic original for the Spanish town of Alcira.
- Jaziira, a small village in Somalia.
- Assyrian village beside the Khabur river, northeastern Syria.
- Al Jazeera, a major Arabic television network and channel, based in Qatar
- Al Jazeera English, the Al Jazeera network's English 24-hour news channel, based in Qatar, Malaysia, the UK, and the US
- Aljazeera Magazine, a London-based magazine published by Aljazeera Publishing
- Aljazeera.com, the website of Aljazeera Magazine
- Al Jazirah, a Saudi daily newspaper
- Aljazeera Publishing, publisher of Aljazeera Magazine
- Al-Jazeera Club, a sports team in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Al-Jazeera Club Amman, a football club in Amman, Jordan
- Al-Jazeera Hasakah, a football club in Syria
- Aljazeera Sports Club, a football club in Libya
- Jazeera Airways, an airlines company based in Kuwait
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.