||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Jazz Semiconductor. (Discuss) Proposed since October 2013.|
Acquicor Technology Inc was a company jointly founded by Gil Amelio, Steve Wozniak and Ellen Hancock, all of whom have worked for Apple Computer. Acquicor was a "blank check" company founded to make acquisitions in the technology sector.
Jazz Technologies is the parent company of its wholly owned subsidiary, Jazz Semiconductor, Inc. Jazz Semiconductor is an independent semiconductor wafer foundry that serves customers targeting wireless, optical networking, power management, storage, aerospace/defense and other high-performance applications.
On March 14 2006, Acquicor raised $150 million ($172.5 with Greenshoe[clarification needed]) in an initial public offering (IPO) on the American Stock Exchange, and traded under the ticker AQR. Amelio was named chairman and CEO of the new company.
On September 26, 2006, it was announced that Acquicor had acquired Jazz Semiconductor Inc. for $260 million, and Acquicor changed its name to Jazz Semiconductor, and its ticker to JAZ on February 21, 2007.
On June 11, 2007, it was announced that Hancock had left, and there were no plans to replace her.
On September 19, 2008, based in Israel, announced the completion of its merger with Jazz Technologies, Inc. As a result of this transaction, Amelio, Jazz’s chairman and chief executive officer, retired as an officer and director effective upon the closing of the merger.
- Wozniak, Apple alums buy semiconductor company for $260M - Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal:[dead link]
- Jazz Technologies - News Release[dead link]
- http://www.jazzsemi.com/news_events/releases/pr_091908.pdf Tower Semiconductor Completes Merger with Jazz Technologies.[dead link]
- Acquicor website
- Acquicor Purchases Jazz Semiconductor, September 2006
- TheStreet.com, Acquicor Tech Enjoys Apple's Halo, 20 March 2006
- MacMinute – Former Apple executives form new company, 15 March 2006 MacMinute
- EE Times, Ex-Apple execs form 'blank check' company, 15 March 2006
- Edgar Online - Acquicor IPO
- Investors.com, Amelio And Wozniak Seek A 'Blank Check, 3 March 2006[dead link]
|This technology article about a corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|