||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (February 2013)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: JCOM|
|Headquarters||Hollywood, California, United States|
|Key people||Richard Ressler
j2 Global, Inc. is a publicly traded technology company based in Los Angeles, California. The company provides Internet services through two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
Founded in December, 1995 as JFax by Jaye Muller and Jack Rieley. The company changed its registered name to j2 Global Communications, Inc. on August 2000, and again to j2 Global on December 7, 2011, dropping "Communications" from its official name to reflect "...expansion from phone number-centric services ... into complementary lines of non-phone number-centric services."
On November 12, 2012, j2 Global launched its digital media division with the acquisition of digital publisher Ziff Davis Inc. for $167 million in cash. On February 4, 2013, j2 Global announced that it had more than doubled the size of its digital media division's business with the acquisition of IGN Entertainment from News Corp. Terms of the IGN acquisition were not announced.
On March 18, 2013, the company announced it had acquired MetroFax, a Bellevue, Washington provider of Internet faxing services. On April 17, 2013, the company acquired Backup Connect BV, a Dutch provider of online backup services 
j2 Global has offices in eight cities worldwide and a network that covers 49 countries on six continents. As of December 31, 2012, j2 Global reported 17 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
Brands and subsidiaries
j2 Global, Inc. provides Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media. Business Cloud Services brands include eFax, MyFax, Onebox, eVoice, Fusemail, Campaigner and KeepITsafe. Digital Media brands include Ziff Davis and IGN.
In September 2012, j2 Global, Inc, eFax's parent company, was recognized on the InformationWeek 500 list of technology companies.
Some companies acquired by j2 Global (such as eFax and Onebox) have been the target of similar complaints, ranging from toll-free number portability issues to high cancellation fees.
- "j2 Global Communications Hoovers Overview". Hoovers www.hoovers.com. 2011-12-13. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- http://www.forbes.com/2004/02/04/cx_ah_0204j2global.html Arik Hesseldahl at Forbes.com: The Fax Of Business Life. 02.04.04.; Retrieved at May 23, 2012.
- http://investor.j2global.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=197687 j2 Press Release: JFAX.COM Evolves to Become j2 Global Communications; Company is Launching New Business Services, New Website, and New Name. August 10, 2000, Retrieved on May 23, 2012.
- "j2 Global Communications, Inc. Becomes j2 Global, Inc.". Yahoo News - finance.yahoo.com.com. 2011-07-11. Retrieved 2011-07-11.[dead link]
- "j@ Global Acquires Ziff Davis, Inc.". 2012-11-12. Retrieved 2012-11-12.
- "IGN Entertainment Sold to j2 Global". 2013-02-04. Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "j2 Global Acquires MetroFax". 2013-03-18. Retrieved 2013-03-18.
- "j2 Acquires Dutch Online Backup Business Backup Connect BV". 2013-04-17. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- InformationWeek 500 award
- "BBB Complaints".
|This article about a telecommunications corporation or company in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|