|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (March 2014)|
He was born in Marseille in 1701 and died in the same town in 1781.
His most famous work is La Bourrido deis Dieoux (La Borrida dei Dieus, in classical Occitan), published in 1760 and also in 1820 in the anthology Lou Bouquet Prouvençau (Lo Boquet provençau).
- La Borrida dei Dieus
- La Matrona d'Efeba
- La Barbariá d'un Anglés sus sa Mestressa
- Òda au Rei de Prussa
- Lo Trionfe de Marselha
- Lei Delicis dau Terrador
- Parafrasa dau Saume de Dàvid 108
- L'Apologia de la Borrida dei Dieu
- Works by or about Jean-Baptiste Germain at Internet Archive (search optimized for the non-Beta site)
- article about Germain written by the Occitan writer Glaudi Barsotti on Leis Amics de Mesclum website
- Google book edition of Lo Boquet Provençaou
- Google book edition of the Revue Africaine that deals with Germain's African diplomatic activities