Jean-Louis started his musical career in the early eighties as a member of Freddie Wadling's post-punk band Cortex. He later joined the Swedish hardcore band Anti Cimex, in which Jean-Louis played percussion between 1984 and 1987. Since then he has participated in various bands and more or less experimental (art-)projects. Together with Texas Instruments he created rhythm-based, industrial noise and as a member of the art collective Lucky People Center  he found his way to the contemporary dance music. He has also tried his hand at funk, hip hop and go-go music with The Stonefunkers.
His current groups / projects are:
Bromine Mage Dub with Jesper Dalhbäck.
Dungeon Acid - his solo acid techno project.
Groups that he had previously been a member of are: Cortex, Anti Cimex, Texas Instruments, Stonefunkers, Flesh Quartet, Disco 3000 (with Warp records artist Simon J. Hartley and member of LFO's live lineup) and Lucky People Center.
His father hails from Trinidad and has a large blues and soul music collection. In his teens, Huhta became a huge fan of SPK, Einstürzende Neubauten and other electronica pioneers. He says this musical mixture can be heard in his music and drumming style.
His younger brother is rapper ADL.
- "Svenska institutet - Jean Louis Huhta och Måns Nyman till Minsk". Si.se. 2007-10-22. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Jean-Louis Huhta « Tidskriften POP revisited". Popviminns.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Stonefunkers, The Discography at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "TheSkulldefekts U.S Eastcoast Tour With Talk Normal - MySpace-blog | van jean-Louis Huhta". Blogs.myspace.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Ocsid Discography at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "Disko 3000 Discography at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- Olewnick, Brian (2007-07-05). "3 on Slottet - Jean-Louis Huhta, Boots Brown & Santa Maria". Bagatellen. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
- "The Stonefunkers". The Stonefunkers. Retrieved 2010-03-13.
|This article about a Swedish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|