|Full name||Jean-Marc Bosman|
|Date of birth||3 October 1964|
|Place of birth||Belgium|
|1983–1988||Standard de Liège||86||(3)|
|1988–1990||R.F.C. de Liège|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jean-Marc Bosman (born 3 October 1964) is a Belgian former professional footballer, whose judicial challenge of the football transfer rules led to the Bosman ruling in 1995. This landmark judgement completely changed the way footballers are employed, allowing professional players in the European Union to move freely to another club at the end of their term of contract with their present team.
Prior to the landmark trial, Bosman played for Belgian first division club Standard de Liège and RFC Liège and won 20 caps for Belgium at youth level. While the trial was ongoing Bosman played briefly in the French lower leagues, and on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion.
Some of his money was lost due to a bad investment in a special T-shirt line. Bosman hoped that the players who benefited from the Bosman ruling would support him by buying one of his T-shirts. He sold only one, to the son of his lawyer. In order to pay his taxes, he was forced to sell his second house and his Porsche Carrera.
In April 2013 Bosman was sentenced to a year in prison following an assault on both his girlfriend and her daughter allegedly over his then girlfriend's refusal to give him an alcoholic drink in 2011.
- "How Bosman's Lawyer is Planning Another Revolution". BBC Sport. 2013-10-02. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- "Le Standard et ses Joueurs". Royal Standard de Liege. Retrieved 2010-06-07.
- "Hoe zou het nog zijn met... Jean-Marc Bosman?". Knack.
- "Jean-Marc Bosman sentenced to 1 year in prison for assaulting ex-girlfriend...and €275 fine". 101 Great Goals.
- FamousBelgians.net: Jean-Marc Bosman
- Uefa.com abridged interview: 2005 Interview with Jean-Marc Bosman
|This biographical article related to association football in Belgium, about a midfielder, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|