Jean-Marie Cavada in 2008.
Jean-Marie Cavada (born 24 February 1940 in Épinal, Vosges) is a French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the Ile de France. Since 3 December 2011 he is president of the European Movement France.
He was a member of the former Union for French Democracy, which was part of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe, and as a deputy for the south-west of France, he chairs the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, a substitute for the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs and a member of the delegation to the EU–Romania Joint Parliamentary Committee, from 2004 to 2009.
After the creation of the MoDem as a replacement of the Union for French Democracy, he created his own party Civic Alliance for Democracy in Europe. For the 2009 European Parliament election, he was the third member of the list of the presidential majority (UMP/NC/LGM), under the New Centre label. He is one of the vice-chairman of the group of the European People's Party.
- University studies (1962)
- director for information with television companies (France 2, France 3, TF1) (1974–1982)
- Producer of information programmes (1987–1999)
- Chief executive officer of FR5 (education channel) (1994–1997)
- Chief executive officer of Radio France overseas (RFO) (1997–1998)
- Chief executive officer of the Radio France group (1998–2004)
- Administrator of the ENA (National College of Administration) (1993–1995)
- Member of the National Committee on Ethics (1993–1995)
- Administrator of ARTE France's Monitoring Council (1998–2004)
- Administrator, the French Press Agency (1998–2001)
- Administrator of the Châtelet National Theatre (1998–2004)
- Knight of the National Order of Merit
- Knight of the Legion of Honour
- Doctor honoris causa, Catholic University of Louvain
- ^ www.mouvement-europeen.eu/?p=5011
- ^ (French)Election of Joseph Daul at the presendency of the group