Jean-Marie Halsdorf (born 1 February 1957 in Luxembourg City) is a Luxembourgish politician who was Minister for Defence of Luxembourg. He is a member of the Christian Social People's Party (Chrëschtlech Sozial Vollekspartei).
Background and early career
Mayor of Pétange, Deputy and Cabinet Minister
In 2000, he became Mayor of Pétange.
In 1994 he was elected to the Chamber of Deputies, and in 2004 he became a cabinet minister. At that time, stepped down as Mayor of Pétange.
- Officer vum Order of Merit of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (Promotioun 1999)
- Officer vum Order of the Oak Crown (Promotion 2004)
- "Jean-Marie Halsdorf", Luxembourg Presidency of the Council of the European Union, 2005. Retrieved May 13, 2010.
- "Biography of Jean-Marie Halsdorf", Luxembourg government. Retrieved May 13, 2010.
|Mayor of Pétange
|Minister for Defence
2009 – 2013
- Memorial B n° 58 of 1999 with the list of recipients of 1999 of national orders in Luxembourg
- Compte rendu des séances publiques n° 17 session 2003-2004
|This article about a mayor in Luxembourg is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|