Le Guellec began competing in the biathlon in 1999, and joined the national team in 2003. He had significant success at the Junior World Championships, winning two medals in youth races at Haute Maurienne in 2004, and a bronze medal as a junior two years later in Presque Isle.
His best career season on the Biathlon World Cup circuit came in 2008/09, when he finished 32nd in the overall standings. This included his first two top 10 WC finishes, an 8th in the Hochfilzen pursuit and a 7th in the Antholz-Anterselva pursuit. His top finish in the Biathlon World Championships also came in Antholz-Anterselva, a 40th place in the 2007 individual race.
- "Jean-Philippe Le Guellec Biography and Statistics". Olympics at Sportsreference.com. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- "IBU Datacentre profile". IBU Datacenter. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- "Torino 2006 Official Report - Biathlon". Torino Organizing Committee. LA84 Foundation. March 2009. Retrieved Sep 22, 2009.
- Ebner, Dave (2010-02-14). "Le Guellec finishes sixth in 10km sprint; Jay earns Gold". CTV Olympics. Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- Information from the IBU biography
|This biographical article relating to Canadian winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to biathlon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|