Jean Bottéro (30 August 1914 – 15 December 2007) was a French historian born in Vallauris. He was a major Assyriologist and a renowned expert on the Ancient Near East. He died in Gif-sur-Yvette.
- Ancestor of the West : Writing, Reasoning, and Religion in Mesopotamia, Elam, and Greece, Jean Bottéro, Clarisse Herrenschmidt, Jean-Pierre Vernant, and François Zabbal
- The Oldest Cuisine in the World: Cooking in Mesopotamia, Jean Bottéro and Teresa Lavender Fagan
- Everyday Life in Ancient Mesopotamia
- Religion in Ancient Mesopotamia, Jean Bottéro and Teresa Lavender Fagan
- The Birth of God, Jean Bottéro