From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
August 24, 1920|
|Died||June 11, 2008
Desailly was married to the French actress Simone Valère.
- 1943: Le voyageur de la Toussaint
- 1946: Sylvie et le fantôme
- 1946: Patrie, directed by Louis Daquin
- 1949: Keep an Eye on Amelia
- 1955: Les Grandes manoeuvres, directed by René Clair
- 1958: Les Grandes Familles, directed by Denys de La Patellière
- 1959: A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 1962: Le Doulos, directed by Jean-Pierre Melville
- 1964: The Soft Skin, directed by François Truffaut (as Pierre Lachenay) (nominated for the Golden Palm at the Cannes Film Festival in 1964; received the Bodil Award for Best European Film in 1965)
- 1967: La Vie parisienne (as Raoul de Gardefeu), directed by Yves-André Hubert (television version of 1958 stage production by Jean-Louis Barrault).
- 1972: Un flic
- 1981: Le Professionnel (as Le ministre) (won the Golden Screen Award, 1983)
- 1994: Le Radeau de la Méduse (as La Tullaye)
Awards and nominations
- 1960: Nominated for the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role in 1960, for his role in Maigret tend un piège.
- 2002: Awarded the Molière acting prize.
- Yon, Jean-Claude. Jacques Offenbach. Éditions Gallimard, Paris, 2000, p663.
- "Golden Screen, Germany" (Retrieved on June 17, 2008)
- “French actor Desailly, famed on stage and screen, dies”, MSNBC, 12. Juni 2008 (Retrieved on June 17, 2008)
|This article about a French actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|