Jean Marie Dongou
Dongou playing for Barcelona B in 2012
|Full name||Jean Marie Dongou Tsafack|
|Date of birth||20 April 1995|
|Place of birth||Douala, Cameroon|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Douala, Dongou joined FC Barcelona in 2008 at the age of 13, arriving through the Samuel Eto'o Foundation. He made his Segunda División debut for the B-team on 28 January 2012 when he still had not celebrated his 17th birthday, in a game against SD Huesca where he came on as an 85th-minute substitute for Rodri.
Still in the second level competition, and still a junior, Dongou scored his first goal for the Catalans' reserves on 25 March 2012, helping to a 2–1 home defeat of CD Alcoyano. He made his maiden appearances with the main squad during the 2013 preseason, netting in his second in a 7–0 thrashing of Vålerenga Fotball.
On 6 December 2013 Dongou made his official debut with Barcelona, replacing Alexis Sánchez for the last 12 minutes of 4–1 win at FC Cartagena for the campaign's Copa del Rey, and closing the scoresheet. His first game in the UEFA Champions League came five days later, when he featured nine minutes in a 6–1 routing of Celtic in the group stage; he completed a trio of debuts on 19 January of the following year, again coming from the bench away against Levante UD in the La Liga 1–1 draw.
- As of 31 May 2014
- El Barça B gana su segundo partido consecutivo contra el SD Huesca (4–2) (Barça B wins second game in a row against SD Huesca (4–2)); Barcelona's official website, 28 January 2012 (Spanish)
- FC Barcelona B-Alcoyano: Dongou marca su primer gol con el Barça B y da la victoria al equipo (2–1) (FC Barcelona B-Alcoyano: Dongou scores his first goal with Barça B and gives team win (2–1)); Barcelona's official website, 25 March 2012 (Spanish)
- Valerenga 0 Barcelona 7 – Pretemporada 2013–2014 (Valerenga 0 Barcelona 7 – 2013–2014 preseason); FC Barcelona Noticias, July 2013 (Spanish)
- FC Cartagena v FC Barcelona: Lethal reaction (1–4); Barcelona's official website, 6 December 2013
- "Neymar treble helps Barcelona canter past Celtic". UEFA.com. 11 December 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Caparrós y el Tata frenan al Barça" [Caparrós and Tata stop Barça] (in Spanish). Marca. 19 January 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "J. Dongou". Soccerway. Retrieved 30 January 2014.