John II, Count of Vendôme
|John II, Count of Vendôme|
|Spouse(s)||Isabelle de Beauvau|
|Noble family||House of Bourbon|
|Father||Louis, Count of Vendôme|
|Mother||Jeanne de Laval|
|Died||6 January 1477
Jean de Bourbon (1426-6 January 1477) was a French nobleman, son of Louis, Count of Vendôme. He was a courtier of King Charles VII of France and fought the English in Normandy and Guyenne. He attached himself to King Louis XI, but was not in his royal favor. He withdrew to the Château of Lavardin and completed its construction.
- Jeanne de Bourbon
- Catherine de Bourbon
- Jeanne de Bourbon
- Charlotte de Bourbon, married Engelbert, Count of Nevers
- Renée de Bourbon, Abbess of Fontevraud
- Isabelle de Bourbon, Abbess of la Trinité de Caen
Jean also had two illegitimate sons:
- Louis, Bishop of Avranches
- Jacques, Governor of Valois and the Vendomois (1455 - 1524) was the father of Catherine de Bourbon, paternal grandmother of Gabrielle d'Estrées, mistress of Henry IV of France.
|Ancestors of John II, Count of Vendôme|
John's patriline is the line from which he is descended father to son.
Patrilineal descent is the principle behind membership in royal houses, as it can be traced back through the generations - which means that if Count John were to choose an historically accurate house name it would be Robertian, as all his male-line ancestors have been of that house.
John's patriline is the line from which he is descended father to son. It follows the Kings of France and the Counts of Paris and Worms. This line can be traced back more than 1,200 years from Robert of Hesbaye to the present day, through Kings of France & Navarre, Spain and Two-Sicilies, Dukes of Parma and Grand-Dukes of Luxembourg, Princes of Orléans and Emperors of Brazil. It is one of the oldest in Europe.
- Bingham, Denis, The Marriages of the Bourbons, Vol.1, (Chapman and Hall Limited:London, 1890), 49.
- Bingham, 49.
- Bingham, Denis, The Marriages of the Bourbons, Vol.1, Chapman and Hall Limited:London, 1890.
John II, Count of VendômeBorn: 1426 Died: 6 January 1477
|Count of Vendôme