13 April 1968 |
||Mathieu Amalric (divorced; 2 sons)
Jeanne Balibar (born 13 April 1968) is a French actress and singer.
Life and career
Balibar was born in Paris. She began her acting career on the stage, in "Don Juan" at the Festival d'Avignon. Her first film role was in Arnaud Desplechin's 1992 film The Sentinel. She continues to perform in both spheres.
Recently she starred in Ne change rien (2009) directed by Pedro Costa. Among other films, she participated in All the Fine Promises (2003) directed by Jean-Paul Civeyrac with Bulle Ogier and Valérie Crunchant, Saltimbank (2003) directed by Jean-Claude Biette with Jean-Marc Barr, Clean (2004) directed by Olivier Assayas with Maggie Cheung and Nick Nolte.
She is the daughter of Étienne Balibar, French Marxist philosopher and physicist Françoise Balibar.
She lists Rose Murphy, Régine Crespin, Frank Sinatra, Rosa Ponselle and Chet Baker as singers whose work she appreciates and Béatrice Dalle, Carole Lombard, Louise Brooks, Glenn Close and Juliet Berto as actresses.
- The Sentinel (1992)
- My Sex Life... or How I Got Into an Argument (French title: Comment je me suis disputé... (ma vie sexuelle), 1996)
- J'ai horreur de l'amour (1997)
- Late August, Early September (French title: Fin août, début septembre, 1998)
- Dieu seul me voit (Versailles-Chantiers)(1998)
- Ça ira mieux demain (2000)
- Comedy of Innocence (2000)
- With all my love (2001)
- Who knows? (French title: Va savoir, 2001)
- 17 Times Cécile Cassard (French title: 17 fois Cécile Cassard, 2002)
- Wimbledon Stadium (French title: Le stade de Wimbledon, 2002)
- A private affair (French title: Une affaire Privée, 2002)
- Saltimbank (2003)
- All the Fine Promises (French title: Toutes ces belles promesses, 2003)
- Code 46 (2003)
- Clean (2004)
- Call me Agostino (2005)
- The Duchess of Langeais (2007) (French title: Ne touchez pas la hache, 2007)
- Sagan (2008)
- The Ball of the Actresses (2009)
- A Town Called Panic (2009)
- Ne Change Rien (2009)
- La Dame Aux Camélias - Théâtre de l'Odéon (2012)
- Layla Fourie (2013)
- Grace of Monaco (2014)