Jeanne Marie Laskas
Jeanne Marie Laskas (born 1958) is an American writer and professor.
From 1994 until 2008 she was a regular, syndicated columnist for The Washington Post Magazine, where her "Significant Others" essays appeared weekly. She has written feature stories for GQ, where she is a correspondent. Formerly a Contributing Editor at Esquire, her stories have appeared in numerous anthologies, including The Best American Sports Writing. She also is the voice behind "Ask Laskas" in Reader's Digest and writes the "My Life as a Mom" column for Ladies' Home Journal.
- Growing Girls: The Mother of All Adventures, nonfiction (New York: Bantam Dell, 2006). ISBN 0-553-80264-X
- The Exact Same Moon: Fifty Acres and a Family, nonfiction (New York: Bantam Dell, 2003). ISBN 0-553-38149-0
- Fifty Acres and a Poodle: A Story of Love, Livestock, and Finding Myself on a Farm, nonfiction (New York: Bantam Dell, 2000). ISBN 0-553-38015-X
- We Remember: Women Born at the Turn of the Century Tell the Stories of Their Lives in Words and Pictures, (editor), with an introduction by Hillary Rodham Clinton, nonfiction (New York: Morrow, 1999). ISBN 0-688-15863-3
- The Balloon Lady and Other People I Know, nonfiction (Pittsburgh: Duquesne University Press, 1996). ISBN 0-8207-0266-8
- The Best American Sports Writing 2008, William Nack, editor. (Houghton-Mifflin, 2008). ISBN/EAN: 9780618751181. Found at: http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/catalog/titledetail.cfm?textType=purchase&titleNumber=694019
- Contemporary Authors Online. The Gale Group, 2006. PEN (Permanent Entry Number): 0000162231.