Jeannie Cho Lee
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2014)|
|Jeannie Cho Lee|
Jeannie Cho Lee
|Occupation||Wine critic, journalist, educator and consultant|
|Notable works||LE PAN magazine, Asian Palate, Mastering Wine for the Asian Palate|
Jeannie Cho Lee is a Hong Kong-based, South Korean wine critic, author, journalist, consultant, wine educator and Master of Wine, the first ethnic Asian to achieve this accreditation. She is the CEO of LPM Communications Limited, part of the Goldin Group, and the publisher of LE PAN, a fine wine and lifestyle magazine launching in the summer of 2015. She is 25th on Decanter's Power List 2013.
Lee was born in Seoul, Korea and shortly thereafter moved to the United States where she later received her undergraduate degree from Smith College and a Masters in public policy from Harvard University. Since 1994, Lee has been based in Hong Kong initially pursuing a career in business journalism in Asia, writing for publications such as Asia Inc., Far Eastern Economic Review and The Asset, before contributing to international wine publications such as Wine Spectator, The World of Fine Wine, Wine and Dine, Wine Business International and La Revue du vin de France. Later, in November 2010, she joined Decanter. as a contributing editor for Asia. She is also the Co-Chair of Decanter Asia Wine Awards, a sister competition to the Decanter World Wine Awards launched in 2004. In June 2015, Lee is launching LE PAN, a magazine and website on fine wine, dining and luxury living.
Lee is also the creator and designer of the Jeannie Cho Lee Signature Wine Glass Collection, which she launched in 2014 at the Vinexpo. Later that year, she co-hosted the wine program 'In Vino Veritas', which aired on the Hong Kong broadcasting network channel TVB Pearl from October to December.
Lee is a frequent judge at international wine competitions such as the International Wine Challenge, Decanter World Wine Awards, Royal Adelaide Wine Show, Mundus Vini and Wines of the Pacific Rim. She has also been teaching Wine and Spirit Education Trust courses since 2004 and in 2008 helped establish The Fine Wine School in Hong Kong. In 2009, she received Vinitaly's International Award, and also became a wine consultant to Singapore Airlines and Galaxy Macau.
Lee's first book, Asian Palate was launched in November 2009. In February 2010, at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards, Asian Palate was awarded the 'Best Food and Wine Pairing Book in the World'. In June 2011, at the International Association of Culinary Professionals Cookbook Awards 2011, Asian Palate won under the category of 'Wine, Beer or Spirits' category Same month, Asian Palate won under the category of 'Wines and Gastronomy' category at the 2011 OIV Awards. Lee launched her website AsianPalate.com in May 2010.
- Lee, Jeannie Cho (2009). Asian Palate. Asset Publishing. ISBN 988-18-6401-1.
- Lee, Jeannie Cho (2011). Mastering Wine for the Asian Palate. Asset Publishing. ISBN 978-988-15-1121-8.
- Pilling, David, Financial Times (March 05, 2010). Asia’s first Master of Wine
- Robinson, Jancis, JancisRobinson.com (September 6, 2008) Asia's first Master of Wine
- Weekes, Claire, Harpers Wine & Spirit (November 10, 2008). New Masters of Wine receive IMW awards
- Nerenberg, Jenara, Fast Company (July 29, 2010). Jeannie Cho Lee Is the Asian Wine Market's Own Julia Child
- Yeh, Ken, Christie's Features (May 10, 2010). The Asian Palate: An Interview with Jeannie Cho Lee
- Decanter.com (July 2, 2013). Decanter's Power List 2013
- "Jeannie Cho Lee profile". Masters of Wine.
- Le-Min, Lim, Bloomberg.com (April 28, 2010). Harvard Woman Defies Skeptics as Wine Master
- Decanter.com (November 2, 2010). Jeannie Cho Lee MW joins Decanter as contributing editor Asia
- Decanter.com (March 21, 2012). Decanter Asia Wine Awards to launch in May
- "Wine mag set June debut". The Standard. March 31, 2015. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- Miller, Rupart (September 24, 2014). "New Wine Show To Air In Hong Kong". The Drinks Business.
- Abbott, John, Decanter.com (26/04/2010). Judges defy delays to kick off DWWA judging week
- Verona, Vinitaly International Wine & Spirits Exhibition (31/3/2009) Castello Banfi, Jeannie Cho Lee and Lidia Bastianich Vinitaly International Awards 2009
- ASIA Travel Tip.com (13/5/2009) Singapore Airlines adds Master of Wine - Jeannie Cho Lee - to Wine Panel
- Singapore Airlines.com (12/3/2009) New Wine Consultant Adds Asian Flair To Singapore Airlines' Wine Panel
- Luxury Hospitality Daily (3/3/2011) Leading wine expert Jeannie Cho Lee appointed as Galaxy Macau's Master of Wine (China)
- asianpalate.com Christine Salins Reviews Asian Palate (03/04/2010)
- cookbookfair.com Cookbook Fair.com (20/02/2010)
- IACP: IACP Announces 2011 Award Winners
- OIV: OIV announces 2011 Award Winners
- Lechmere, Adam, Decanter.com (May 28, 2010). Jeannie Cho Lee launches major website