Jed Rubenfeld (born 1959 in Washington, D.C.), is the Robert R. Slaughter Professor of Law at Yale Law School. He is an expert on constitutional law, privacy, and the First Amendment. He joined the Yale Law School faculty in 1990 and was appointed to a full professorship in 1994. Rubenfeld has also taught as a visiting professor at both the Stanford Law School and the Duke University School of Law. He is also the author of two successful novels.
Rubenfeld's parents emigrated to the US from Poland. His father was a psychotherapist and his mother was an art critic. He graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University with an A.B. in philosophy in 1980 and magna cum laude from Harvard Law School with a J.D. in 1986.
He also studied theater in the Drama Division of the Juilliard School between 1980-1982. Rubenfeld clerked for Judge Joseph T. Sneed on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in 1986-1987.
- Freedom and Time: A Theory of Constitutional Self-Government (2001)
- Revolution by Judiciary: The Structure of American Constitutional Law (2005)
- The Interpretation of Murder, his first novel, published by Henry Holt & Co., September 2006, was a number one bestseller in the United Kingdom, and sold over a million copies worldwide.
- The Death Instinct, his second novel, a mystery-thriller published in 2010, uses the Wall Street bombing (1920) as a key plot element.
- The Triple Package: How Three Unlikely Traits Explain the Rise and Fall of Cultural Groups in America (2014) with Amy Chua
Rubenfeld is Jewish. He lives in New Haven, Connecticut and is married to Yale Law School professor Amy Chua, author of the books World on Fire and Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother. They have two daughters. 
- "Digital Collections". Petra Christian University Library. Retrieved 9 May 2012.
- Woods, Judith (March 4, 2014). "Jed Rubenfeld: married to the Tiger Mother". London: The Telegraph. Retrieved April 1, 2014.
- Szalai, Jennifer (January 29, 2014). "Confessions of a Tiger Couple". The New York Times. Retrieved April 2, 2014.
- Web Development Team of UK Petra Library. "Petra Christian University Library - /jiunkpe/s1/sing/2009/jiunkpe-ns-s1-2009-11403020-11526-jed_rubenfeld-appendices.pdf". Digilib.petra.ac.id. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "The Death Instinct - Jed Rubenfeld - Book Clubs - Penguin Group (USA)". Us.penguingroup.com. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Jed Rubenfeld – The Death Instinct « Crime and Publishing". Crimeandpublishing.com. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- Meadows, Susannah (February 2, 2011). Brimming With Clues That Are Hard to Link. The New York Times.
- Stern, Seth (February 23, 2011). "Book review: 'The Death Instinct' by Jed Rubenfeld". The Washington Post.
- ISBN 978 0 7553 4399 7
- I Am Amazed by Amy Chua — Chris Abraham
- Chua, Amy (January 8, 2011). "Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior". Wall Street Journal.