|Jeffery James "Jeff" Arnold|
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 102 (Algiers section of New Orleans)|
|Preceded by||Jacquelyn Brechtel Clarkson|
|Alma mater||Southeastern Louisiana University|
Jeffery James Arnold, known as Jeff Arnold (born June 1967), is a business consultant who is a Democratic member of the Louisiana House of Representatives from District 102, which encompasses the Algiers section of New Orleans, Louisiana. Arnold was first elected to the House in a special election held on April 6, 2002. He is hence term-limited and ineligible to seek a fourth four-year term in the 2015 legislative elections.
Arnold holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in management/marketing/finance from Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond. He is a fellow of the Loyola University New Orleans Institute of Politics and a member of the New Orleans Police Foundation. He is Roman Catholic and a member of St. Andrew the Apostle Church and the Catholic men's organization, the Knights of Columbus
In his first election, he received 65.8 percent of the vote over four other Democratic candidates. In his most recent election on October 22, 2011, he polled 81.2 percent of the vote over an intraparty rival named Carlos Williams. Arnold is chairman of the House Commerce Committee and a member of two other committees: the House Executive Committee and the Special Committee on Military and Veterans Affairs.
In 2011, Arnold attempted to run for Speaker of the Louisiana House of Representatives, but the position went instead to the Republican Chuck Kleckley of Lake Charles, the choice of Governor Bobby Jindal.
- "Representative Jeffery J. "Jeff" Arnold". votesmart.org. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "Results for Election Date: 4/6/2002". staticresults.sos.la.gov. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "Results for Election Date: 10/22/2011". staticresults.sos.la.gov. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "Jeff Arnold: Algiers State Representative". jeff-arnold.com. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "Mark Ballard, Greene joins candidates for speaker of La. House". Baton Rouge Morning Advocate. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "Landrieu’s GOP Endorsements Pale In Comparison To 2008 Election". thehayride.com. Retrieved September 12, 2014.
|Louisiana House of Representatives|
Jacquelyn Brechtel Clarkson
|Louisiana State Representative from District 102 (Algiers section of New Orleans)
Jeffery James "Jeff" Arnold