Jeff Atwood is an American software developer, author, blogger, and entrepreneur. He is known for the programming blog Coding Horror, and as the co-founder of the question-and-answer website Stack Overflow and the Stack Exchange Network.
In 2008, together with Joel Spolsky, Atwood founded Stack Overflow, a programming question-and-answer website. The site quickly became very popular, and was followed by Server Fault for system administrators, and Super User for general computer-related questions, eventually becoming the Stack Exchange network which includes many Q&A websites about topics decided on by the community.
From 2008 to 2010, Atwood and Spolsky published a weekly podcast covering the progress on Stack Exchange and a wide range of software development issues. Jeff Atwood was also a keynote presenter at the 2008 Canadian University Software Engineering Conference.
In February 2012, Atwood left Stack Exchange so he could spend more time with his family.
On February 5, 2013, Atwood announced his new company, Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.. Its flagship product is an open source next-generation discussion platform called Discourse. Atwood and others developed it out of their frustration with current bulletin board software that hadn't seemed to evolve since 1990.
- The ASP.NET 2.0 Anthology: 101 Essential Tips, Tricks & Hacks, by Scott Allen, Jeff Atwood, Wyatt Barnett, Jon Galloway and Phil Haack. ISBN 978-0980285819
- Effective Programming: More Than Writing Code. ISBN 9781478300540
- Klint Finley. "Stack Overflow Man Remakes Net One Answer at a Time". Wired.
- "I Was a Teenage Hacker". Coding Horror. 2012-08-08.
- "Stackoverflow.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Is Writing More Important Than Programming?". Archive of Previous Presentations. CUSEC. 2008. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Jeff Atwood bids adieu to Stack Exchange for the best reason ever". techcrunch.com. AOL. 7 February 2012.
- Atwood, Jeff (2007-07-17). "The Principle of Least Power". Coding Horror. Retrieved 2012-10-13.
- Ha, Anthony (February 5, 2013). ""Stack Exchange Co-Founder Jeff Atwood Launches Forums Startup Discourse, With Funding From First Round, Greylock, And SV Angel"". TechCrunch. AOL. Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Atwood, Jeff (February 5, 2013). "Civilized Discourse Construction Kit". Retrieved February 8, 2013.
- Atwood, Jeff (August 27, 2013). "The CODE Keyboard". codinghorror.com. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- Coding Horror blog
- Stack Exchange
- Stack Overflow
- About Me in Coding Horror.
- Interview with Jeff Atwood from Coding Horror
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|