Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group Live
|Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group Live|
|Live album by Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group|
|Recorded||US tour, Summer and/or Fall 1976|
|Genre||Blues Rock, Rock|
|Jeff Beck chronology|
Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group Live is a live album by Jeff Beck, released in 1977 on Epic Records.
- "Freeway Jam" (Max Middleton) - 7:21
- "Earth (Still Our Only Home)" (Jan Hammer) - 4:34
- "She's a Woman" (John Lennon, Paul McCartney) - 4:25
- "Full Moon Boogie" (Hammer, Jerry Goodman) - 6:07
- "Darkness / Earth in Search of a Sun" (Hammer) - 7:52
- "Scatterbrain" (Jeff Beck, Max Middleton) - 7:26
- "Blue Wind" (Hammer) - 6:20
- Jeff Beck - guitar, bass guitar, special effects.
The Jan Hammer Group
- Jan Hammer - Moog and Oberheim synthesizers, electric piano, timbales, and lead vocal on "Earth (Still Our Only Home)".
- Tony "Thunder" Smith - drums, lead vocal on "Full Moon Boogie".
- Fernando Saunders - bass, rhythm guitar on "She's A Woman" and vocal harmony.
- Steve Kindler - violin, string synthesizer on "Darkness" and rhythm guitar on "Blue Wind".
No precise dates and locations are given for the live recordings. The tour began in June 1976 and ended in February 1977, with 117 shows performed.
A&R man Tom Werman suggests that the date at the Astor Theater in Reading, PA (31 August 1976) yielded the best performances, and was going to provide the bulk of the album at the time of his involvement in the project. Beck mixed this along with other recordings at Allen Toussaint's studio in New Orleans.
Then Jan Hammer decided to mix the album himself, and did so with Dennis Weinreich at Scorpio Sound Studios in London, England.
The stereo spectrum of this album duplicates the stage set-up with guitar positioned center right, keyboards center left, violin right and drums and bass center.
- Ruhlmann, William. "Jeff Beck with the Jan Hammer Group Live - Jeff Beck | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 27 December 2011.