Berwick in 2012
|Born||Jeffrey David Berwick
November 24, 1970
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Berwick founded StockHouse Media Corporation in 1994, one of the most active financial websites in Canada. He remained CEO until 2002.
In 2013, Berwick became the most successful promoter of John Cobin's Galt's Gulch Chile project, a libertarian enclave in the Curacaví region of Chile. The project is currently undergoing a reorganization due to dissatisfaction with its managing partner, Ken Johnson.
In June 2005, Berwick was in the process of circumnavigating the world in his 35' sailing catamaran when he was caught in a storm and the ship sank, leaving Berwick on his surfboard, later to be rescued with minor injuries by other sailors near Jiquilisco Bay, El Salvador.
- Steven Bodzin (March–April 2014). "Libertarians Plan to Sit Out the Coming Collapse of America…in Chile". MotherJones.
- Adam Weinstein (2014-08-28). "Ayn Rand's Capitalist Paradise Is Now a Greedy Land-Grabbing Shitstorm". Gawker.
- Th0rn (Aug 29, 2014). "Chaos and Fraud at Galt's Gulch". Daily Kos.
- Maureen Farrell (April 4, 2013). "Bitcoin ATMs coming soon". CNN Money.
- Jeff Berwick. "My Official Withdrawal From The Bitcoin ATM Project". The Dollar Vigilante.
- "Catamaran in El Salvador May Not Have Been Lost at Sea". Latitude 38.