||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (August 2013)|
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (August 2013)|
Jeff Berwick in 2012
|Born||Jeffrey David Berwick
November 24, 1970
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Berwick founded StockHouse Media Corporation in 1994, raising over $40 million USD in financing and growing the company to a peak of more than 200 employees in 8 countries worldwide by 2000. StockHouse continues to be the most active financial website in Canada, ranking No. 1 in February 2007, by comScore Media Metrix Ad Focus report – beating out Globe Finance, Yahoo! Canada Finance and Sympatico/MSN Finance – in the areas of pages per visitor and average minutes per visitor in the business/finance news and research category.
Berwick was awarded the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award in 1999. In 1999 and 2000, Berwick was recognized by Business in Vancouver's "Top 40 under 40" ranking.[not in citation given]
Berwick has been a regular contributor to editorials on the StockHouse websites from 1995 to present and contributes to numerous popular libertarian and finance sites including LewRockwell.com and writes a libertarian, Austrian economics-focused financial newsletter called The Dollar Vigilante. He is the host of Anarchast, an anarcho-capitalist video and audio podcast show. He is also a regular speaker at international investing, finance and liberty conferences including Libertopia,[not in citation given] FreedomFest,[not in citation given] New York Hard Assets Show,[not in citation given] PDAC and the Vancouver Resource Investment Conference. He also is the founder of global citizenship and passport services company, TDV Passports and founder of a libertarian expat community near Santiago, Chile called Galt's Gulch Chile.
In 2013 he announced his plans to co-found the world's first Bitcoin ATM machine. He is also a regular in the mainstream media as an expert and leading entrepreneur on Bitcoin including appearances on CNBC  and Fox Business. He subsequently officially withdrew from the Bitcoin ATM project under some dispute with his partners but stated he will be entering into future bitcoin ventures.
He is the owner of AcaCondos, an Acapulco-based real estate company, as well as the owner of Las Torres Gemelas Private Suites, a boutique hotel in Acapulco.
In June, 2005, Berwick was in the process of circumnavigating the world in his 35' sailing catamaran when he was caught in a storm and the ship sank, leaving Berwick on his surfboard, later to be rescued with minor injuries by other sailors near Jiquilisco Bay, El Salvador.
- "Business Edge News Magazine – Stockgroup Investors Savouring Acquisition".
- "Business in Vancouver – Top 40 under 40 – Past Winners".
- "PR Newswire – Financial Crisis Gives Rise to New Class of Market Participant: The Dollar Vigilante".
- "New York Hard Assets Conference".
- "Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada".
- "Vancouver Resource Investment Conference".
- "YouTube: Jeff Berwick on CNBC the Santelli Exchange".
- "YouTube: Jeff Berwick on Fox Business' Varney & Co".
- "The Dollar Vigilante: My Official Withdrawal From The Bitcoin ATM Project".
- "AcaCondos.com – About Us".
- "Latitude 38 – Catamaran in El Salvador May Not Have Been Lost at Sea".