Jeff Boss is an American conspiracy theorist and politician. He was an independent candidate for President of the United States in the 2008 and 2012 elections. Boss is a 9/11 truther who holds that the United States Government, specifically the National Security Agency, is responsible for the 9/11 attacks. He claims to have witnessed the Government arrange the attacks.
In 2009, Boss was a candidate for the Democratic Party's nomination for Governor of New Jersey. He finished a distant third in the primary with 8.31% of the vote. The primary was won by Jon Corzine who received 77.18% of the vote.
In 2008, he was an independent candidate for President of the United States as well a candidate for the U.S. Senate in New Jersey. He received 639 votes as a presidential candidate and 9,877 in his Senate run.
In the 2012 election, Boss received 1,024 votes for President of the United States.
He ran for the Democratic nomination for Governor of New Jersey in 2013, but was removed from the ballot after the New Jersey Democratic State Committee challenged the nominating petitions of all independent candidates seeking the Democratic nomination. He subsequently filed new petitions to run for Governor in the general election and appeared on the ballot as the "NSA did 911" candidate. Out of the 8 candidates, Boss finished last, with 0.1% of the vote.
- "Seven Minor Party Presidential Nominees on New Jersey Ballot, as Well as Independent Candidate Jeff Boss", Ballot Access News. August 1, 2012. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Ginsberg, Johanna (May 28, 2009) "Conspiracy theorist eyes governorship", New Jersey Jewish News. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Edge, Wally (November 6, 2008) "601 New Jerseyans thought Jeff Boss should be President", Politicker NJ. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- Shortell, Tom (December 3, 2008). "Guttenberg's Jeff Boss to run for governor". NJ.com. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "OFFICIAL 2012 PRESIDENTIAL GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS". FEC. January 17, 2013. Retrieved June 23, 2013.
- Matt Friedman (April 2, 2013). "267 candidates file to run for N.J. Senate, Assembly". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- Michael Symons (April 11, 2013). "Three Democrats removed from gubernatorial primary ballot". Asbury Park Press. Retrieved May 13, 2013.
- http://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/2013-results/2013-certification-general-election-candidates-governor.pdf |accessdate=June 13, 2013
- Jeff Boss for president, official site