|Labels||Intrepid, Multimood, Dossier, First World Music, Ear-Rational, Hypnos, Silent, Prudence, Periplum, Extreme, Linden, Projekt, Weird Amplexus, Lotusspike|
Faith & Disease
Jeff Greinke is an American ambient music and jazz artist and composer currently based in Tucson, Arizona. He is known as one of the pioneers of dark ambient music, with his earlier solo albums often compared to works by Robert Rich, Brian Eno, and Vidna Obmana. Greinke's approach on his ambient works is to heavily layer, mutitrack, and texture soundscapes, effectively using the studio as an instrument.
in 1993 Greinke founded the group LAND, described by guitarist Dennis Rea as "an odd blend of jazz, rock, electronic, and world music." LAND released three albums between 1995 and 2001 and also played live extensively, including a 1996 tour of China, Hong Kong, and Macau.
- Cooper, Sean. "Allmusic Biography". Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- "LAND". LAND. Extreme. Retrieved 2007-11-15.
- Rea, Dennis. "LAND". Retrieved 2007-10-24.
- Rea, Dennis (2006). Live at the Forbidden City. iUniverse. p. 179. ISBN 0-595-39048-X.
- Greinke, Jeff. "Bio". Jeff Greinke. Archived from the original on 2007-10-15. Retrieved 2007-11-15.
- "Jeff Greinke Discography". www.theedge.ws. 2007-08-02. Retrieved 2007-10-24.
|This article on an American electronic musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|