|Date of birth||29 July 1914|
|Place of birth||Birmingham, England|
|Date of death||24 June 1997(aged 82)|
|Current club information|
New Cross Rangers
|National League Champion
National Trophy winner
London Cup winner
Lloyd, whose elder brother Wally also rode, took up speedway in 1936, first riding at Wembley before gaining further experience at Birmingham, before signing with Bristol Bulldogs. When speedway resumed in 1945 he returned, and was one of the top riders in the Northern League in 1946. He joined the Newcastle Diamonds in 1946, and finished the season averaging over ten points per match in the Northern League.
In 1947 it was expected that he would be signed by a higher division team but he started the season with the Diamonds. A few weeks into the season, the New Cross Rangers signed Lloyd for a transfer fee of GB£1,000 (at the time the highest transfer fee in British speedway), with Ken Le Breton transferring in the opposite direction. By then end of the next season, he had won the National League championship.
1950 saw Lloyd start the season with the Rangers but midway through the season he was transferred to the Harringay Racers, a move that was not popular with the New Cross fans. Whilst with the Racers he qualified for the Speedway World Championship final three times and was a member of the team that won the National Trophy in 1952.
When the Racers closed down at the end of 1954, Lloyd retired.
World Final Appearances
- 1951 - London, Wembley Stadium - 11th - 6pts
- 1952 - London, Wembley Stadium - 8th - 7pts
- 1953 - London, Wembley Stadium - 7th - 8pts 
- Bamford, R. & Shailes, G. (2002). A History of the World Speedway Championship. Stroud: Tempus Publishing. ISBN 0-7524-2402-5
- Storey, Basil (1948), The Story of Speedway, WDS, p. 9
- Jacobs, N. (2008) Out of the Frying Pan, The History Press LTD ISBN 978-0-7524-4476-5
- Foster, P. (2005) History of the Speedway Ashes, The History Press Ltd. ISBN 0-7524-3468-3
- Jacobs, Norman (2001). Speedway in London. Stroud: Tempus Publishing ISBN 0-7524-2221-9