|Education||Franklin and Marshall College|
|Occupation||political staffer, author|
Lord earned a degree from Franklin and Marshall College. He first worked as a press aide in the Pennsylvania State Senate. He worked for Pennsylvania Congressman Bud Shuster as Legislative Director and Press Secretary and for U.S. Senator H. John Heinz III as Executive Assistant. Later Lord worked as Chief of Staff to Drew Lewis, who was a Co-chair of the Ronald Reagan presidential campaign. He also served in the Reagan White House as an associate political director. In that position he assisted in the judicial nomination process for several nominees, including Robert Bork. He also worked for Jack Kemp during the Presidency of George H. W. Bush.
Lord now works as a journalist, contributing material to The Weekly Standard, The American Spectator, National Review Online, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Times, the Los Angeles Times, the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, and the Harrisburg Patriot-News. He has appeared as a guest on numerous televisions and radio programs. He also works as a political consultant for Quantum Communications, a Harrisburg-based political strategy firm.
In August 2011, Jeffrey Lord wrote an article in The American Spectator which was critical of Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX), and the views of some of Ron Paul's supporters. It sparked considerable debate within the conservative movement.
In May 2012, Jeffrey Lord wrote an article in The American Spectator which compared President Barack Obama with Mao Zedong because of the similarities between Barack Obama's slogan "Forward" and Chairman Mao's Great Leap Forward. In the same article, he also compared Obama with the Hitler Youth due to their song "Vorwärts! Vorwärts!" (Forward, Forward).
- The Borking Rebellion: The Never-Before-Told Story of How a Group of Pennsylvania Women Attorneys took on the Entire U. S. Senate Judiciary Committee – And Won. Katco Literary Group. 2005. ISBN 978-0-9646484-4-9.
- "Jeffrey Lord". Quantum Communications. 2009.
- "Contributors: Jeffrey Lord". The American Spectator. The American Spectator.
- Hillyer, Quin (August 30, 2005). "How the Judges Are Judged". Wall Street Journal.
- Lord, Jeffery (July 26, 2010). "Sherrod Story False". The American Spectator.
- Lord, Jeffery (August 23, 2011). "Ron Paul and the Neoliberal Reeducation Campaign". The American Spectator.
- Hunter, Jack (August 24, 2011). "Ron Paul and Conservatism: An Exchange". The American Spectator. Wood, Thomas (August 25, 2011). "American Spectator Dead Wrong on Ron Paul".
- Lord, Jeffery (May 3, 2012). "Obama Steals Mao's Slogan". The American Spectator.