|Born: August 17, 1959
|Batted: Right||Threw: Right|
|September 1, 1984 for the Cleveland Indians|
|Last MLB appearance|
|July 19, 1987 for the New York Yankees|
|Runs batted in||3|
Jeffrey Robert "Jeff" Moronko (born August 17, 1959) is a former Major League Baseball player. During his major league career, he played for the Cleveland Indians (1984) and the New York Yankees (1987). He was born in Houston, Texas. He attended Texas Wesleyan University and is one of two Major League Baseball players to attend the college, the other being Tris Speaker, Baseball Hall of Famer.
Jeff Moronko was first drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the fifth round of the 1979 Major League Baseball Draft on January 9, 1979, but did not sign. It wasn't until the Cleveland Indians drafted Moronko in the sixth round of the 1980 Major League Baseball Draft on June 3, 1980 that he signed to play with a Major League Baseball organization. After playing in Minor League Baseball for four years, Moronko made his major league debut on September 1, 1984 with the Cleveland Indians. On that day, the Indians were playing the Boston Red Sox at Cleveland Stadium with 7,151 people attending the game. Moronko had his first at-bat at the bottom of the first inning but he struck out. By the time the game ended, Moronko had a total of four at-bats, but did not get any hits. The Indians lost athe game by the score of 4–1. On April 29, 1985, Moronko was sent by the Indians to the Texas Rangers for Kevin Buckley to complete an earlier deal made on April 4, 1985. On October 15, 1986, he was granted free agency. On November 20, 1986, he was signed as a free agent with the New York Yankees. Moronko played his final game with the Yankees on July 19, 1987.
- "Players who Played for Texas Wesleyan University". Baseball-Reference. Sports Reference, LLC. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Texas Wesleyan University". National Collegiate Athletic Association. Retrieved 2008-12-28.[dead link]
- "Jeff Moronko Statistics". Baseball-Reference. Sports Reference, LLC. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Jeff Moronko Trades and Transactions". Baseball-Almanac. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "September 1, 1984 Boston Red Sox at Cleveland Indians Play by Play and Box Score". Baseball-Reference. Sports Reference, LCC. Retrieved 2008-12-28.