|Jeff W. Richmond|
Richmond with his wife, Tina Fey, in April 2010
|Born||Jeffrey Wayne Richmond
January 7, 1961
Garrettsville, Ohio, U.S.
|Occupation||Composer, actor, producer, director|
|Spouse(s)||Tina Fey (m. 2001)|
|Children||Alice Zenobia Richmond (b. 2005)
Penelope Athena Richmond (b. 2011)
Jeffrey Wayne "Jeff" Richmond (born January 7, 1961) is an American composer, actor, director, and television producer. Richmond produced, composed the music for, and directed some episodes of 30 Rock, a sitcom created by and starring his wife, Tina Fey.
Life and career
Richmond grew up in Portage County, Ohio and graduated from James A. Garfield High School in Garrettsville, Ohio. He graduated from Kent State University in Ohio in the late 1980s, where he co-authored a number of musicals.
He worked at The Second City and Child's Play Touring Theatre before he began composing music for the series Saturday Night Live. Richmond left SNL in 2006 to produce and compose music for the situation comedy, 30 Rock. Richmond has also appeared as an extra on various occasions on 30 Rock, as the character Alfonso Disperioso, and beginning in 2010, he directed five episodes: "Argus", "Plan B", "The Ballad of Kenneth Parcell", "Today You Are a Man", and "A Goon's Deed in a Weary World".
Richmond has also appeared in a recurring role on Late Night with Conan O'Brien as the short character of "Russian Hat Guy".
Recipient of the Child's Play Touring Theatre 2012 Victor Award.
Richmond is married to Tina Fey, the creator and star of 30 Rock. They met while working at Second City and dated for seven years before marrying in a Greek Orthodox ceremony on June 3, 2001. The couple have two daughters, Alice Zenobia (born on September 10, 2005) and Penelope Athena (born August 10, 2011).
- Fredmonsky, Matt (11 March 2010). "Kent State raises nearly $200 million". Record-Courier. "Richmond also is a graduate of James A. Garfield High School in Garrettsville and his parents still live in Portage County."
- Dawidziak, Mark (2008-04-10). "Tina Fey's 30 Rock,' NBC Thursday-night shows roll out new episodes Ready to Rock'". Cleveland.com (The Plain Dealer). Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- "30 Rock Producer Jeff Richmond Receives Child's Play Touring Theatre 2012 Victor Award Full". Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- "Tina Fey Biography". People.com. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
- AP. SNL Star Tina Fey Gives Birth to a Girl. 1 October 2005. Retrieved 7 February 2006.
- Hammel, Sara (2011-08-12). "Tina Fey Welcomes Daughter Penelope Athena". People. Retrieved 2011-08-12.