|First appearance||"Trapped in the Sky" (30 September 1965)|
|Last appearance||Thunderbirds (2004 film)|
|Created by||Gerry Anderson|
|Portrayed by||Peter Dyneley (1965-1966, 1968; voice work)
Bill Paxton (2004 film)
Head of International Rescue
|Family||Grant Tracy (father; name debatable)
"Grandma" Tracy (mother)
|Spouse(s)||Lucille "Lucy" Tracy
(2039-March 2044, deceased; name debatable)
|Children||Scott Tracy (son, with Lucille)
John Tracy (son, with Lucille)
Virgil Tracy (son, with Lucille)
Gordon Tracy (son, with Lucille)
Alan Tracy (son, with Lucille)
Jeff Tracy is a fictional character from Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's Supermarionation television show Thunderbirds and the subsequent films Thunderbirds Are GO and Thunderbird 6. The voice for the character in these shows was supplied by Peter Dyneley. The character also appeared in the live action movie Thunderbirds. In the latter he was played by actor Bill Paxton.
The series was first shown in 1965 and was set a hundred years in the then future in 2065, when Jeff was (or will be) 56. According to his backstory "bio", Jeff was born 2 January 2009 the son of a combine harvester driver on a Kansas wheat farm.
- Military service in the U.S. Air Force achieving rank of colonel
- Transfer to Space Agency to become an early lunar astronaut
- Jeff married and became the father of five sons; Scott, John, Virgil, Gordon and Alan born in rapid succession in the period 2039-2044. The sons were named after the first 5 American astronauts into space via the Mercury space project, i.e. Scott Carpenter, Virgil Grissom, Alan Shepard, Gordon Cooper and John Glenn.
- His wife died prematurely, commonly accepted to have been due to complications with the birth on 12 March 2044 of her youngest son, Alan. A non-canonical 1993 comic strip has a different explanation, while a novel published in 2008 had her pass away as a result of a road accident.
- Jeff raised his five sons, while building up a civil engineering, construction and aerospace business that made him one of the richest men in the world.
- He became a philanthropist and instigated and financed International Rescue
Along with his sons, Scott and Virgil, Jeff is the only other Tracy to appear in all 32 episodes of Thunderbirds.
- The Complete Thunderbirds Story says Jeff's wife, Lucille, and his father, Grant, both died in an avalanche at their Aspen holiday home. The lack of rescue equipment supposedly inspired Jeff to form International Rescue. However the narrative has several deviations from canon, e.g. how Jeff Tracy first met Kyrano, Tin-Tin, and The Hood.
- The Calling International Rescue! fan site names his wife as Lucille, Lucy for short, but this is not an official site
- The Thundersbirds Biographies
- "Thunderbirds Annual," p.10, 1966, City Magazines Ltd. and A.P. Films (Merchandising) Ltd.
- www.fab1.co.nz - characters
|This article about a fictional television character is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|