Winter took charge of the 2004 FA Cup Final between Manchester United and Millwall, his final game as a professional referee before retirement. Winter also appeared as an official on the BBC TV programme Superstars.
Since 2006, he has officiated in the annual series of national six-a-side tournaments called Masters Football, referees for which are FA endorsed. This competition features ex-professional footballers chosen by the PFA, and is televised on Sky Sports.
He supports Middlesbrough F.C. and Rangers. It is rumoured he was due to officiate in the 2004 Football League Cup Final only to be ruled out due to Middlesbrough appearing in the final against Bolton Wanderers so was instead there as a fan.
- Birthdate confirmation: zerozero.pt website
- Masters Football Profile
- Jeff Winter Leaves TFM Vital Hartlepool
- Jeff Winter's Official Site
- "Jeff Winter blog carries verbal attack on Catholic Church" Daily Mail
- Winter, Jeff (2006). Who's The B*****d In The Black? Confessions of a Premiership Referee. Ebury Press. ISBN 978-0091909178.
|FA Cup Final Referee
|This biographical article related to English football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|