19 March 1973 |
|1993||St. George Dragons||1||0||0||0||0|
|1995–1996||Sth Qld Crushers||19||1||0||0||4|
His father, John, was an Australian international.
Wittenberg began his career playing for the Wynnum Manly Seagulls, a club who his father had also represented. In 1993 he signed with the St. George Dragons, another of his fathers former clubs. Wittenberg only made one appearance for the club and left at the end of the season.
In 1995 Wittenberg joined the new South Queensland Crushers franchise and played in their inaugural match on 11 March 1995. He spent two seasons at the club. In 1997, despite interest from Castleford, Wittenberg signed with the Bradford Bulls for 1997's Super League II. He only remained one season with the Bulls, joining the Huddersfield Giants in 1998. At the end of the 1998 season Wittenberg was released.
Wittenberg spent several years in the lower grades, playing for the Sheffield Eagles and then the Batley Bulldogs. Wittenberg then returned to Huddersfield, playing for the club in the 2002 and 2003 seasons.
- Club History wynnumseagulls.com.au
- Players W-X-Y-Z leagueunlimited.com
- Harris hits back Sunday Mirror, 23 March 1997
- Guide to the top division's 12 teams from the Bulls to the Warriors The Independent, 2 April 1998
- Team-by-Team Guide to Super League The Independent, 5 March 1999
- Dragons lack fire bbc.co.uk, 1 January 2001
- Hayes scores two tries as Huddersfield cruise The Telegraph, 17 February 2002
- 2003 Super League squads sportinglife.com