Jefferson Township, Wayne County, Indiana
Location in Wayne County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||27.66 sq mi (71.6 km2)|
|• Land||27.61 sq mi (71.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.05 sq mi (0.1 km2) 0.18%|
|Elevation||1,037 ft (316 m)|
|• Density||126.1/sq mi (48.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453502|
Jefferson Township was organized in 1834.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 27.66 square miles (71.6 km2), of which 27.61 square miles (71.5 km2) (or 99.82%) is land and 0.05 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.18%) is water. The streams of Awl Branch, Bat Branch, Bear Creek, Brick Creek, Civil Run, Hartley Run, Morgan Creek, Nettle Creek, Price Creek, Ulrich Creek, Value Run, West Lawn Run and White Branch run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Dalton Township (north)
- Perry Township (northeast)
- Clay Township (east)
- Harrison Township (southeast)
- Jackson Township (south)
- Liberty Township, Henry County (west)
The township contains four cemeteries: Awl Branch, Brick Church, Ulrich and West Lawn.
Airports and landing strips
- "Jefferson Township, Wayne County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Young, Andrew White (1872). History of Wayne County, Indiana, from Its First Settlement to the Present Time. R. Clarke & Company. p. 272.