June 3, 1970|
Jeffrey Finn is a three-time Tony Award nominated theatrical producer. He received the Commercial Theater Institute's 2013 Robert Whitehead Award for outstanding achievement in commercial theatre producing. Jeffrey is the President of Jeffrey Finn Productions and Hot On Broadway.
Jeffrey has produced nine Broadway shows:
- I'll Eat You Last: A Chat With Sue Mengers, starring Bette Midler. Written by John Logan, the production played the Booth Theatre. The director was Joe Mantello. April 24, 2013 - June 30, 2013.
- Dead Accounts, starring Katie Holmes, Norbert Leo Butz, Judy Greer, Josh Hamilton and Jayne Houdyshell. Written by Theresa Rebeck, the production played at the Music Box Theatre. The director was Jack O'Brien. November 29, 2012 - January 6, 2013.
- Scandalous: The Life and Trials of Aimee Semple McPherson, starring Carolee Carmello. Book and lyrics by Kathie Lee Gifford, music by David Friedman and David Pomeranz, the production played at the Neil Simon Theatre. The director was David Armstrong. November 15, 2012 - December 6, 2012.
- Seminar, starring Alan Rickman, Lily Rabe, Hamish Linklater, Jerry O'Connell and Hettienne Park. Written by Theresa Rebeck, the production played at the Golden Theatre. The director was Sam Gold. November 20, 2011 - May 6, 2012.
- American Idiot, starring John Gallagher Jr., Tony Vincent and Stark Sands. Book by Billie Joe Armstrong and Michael Mayer, lyrics by Billie Joe Armstrong and music by Green Day, the production played at the St. James Theatre. The director was Michael Mayer. April 20, 2010 - April 24, 2011.
- A View from the Bridge, starring Scarlett Johansson and Liev Schreiber. Written by Arthur Miller, the production played at the Cort Theatre. The director was Gregory Mosher. January 24, 2010 - April 4, 2010.
- Oleanna, starring Julia Stiles and Bill Pullman. Written by David Mamet, the production played at the John Golden Theatre. The director was Doug Hughes. October 11, 2009 - December 6, 2009.
- Blithe Spirit, starring Rupert Everett, Christine Ebersole, Jayne Atkinson and Angela Lansbury. Written by Noël Coward, the production played at the Shubert Theatre. The director was Michael Blakemore. March 15, 2009 - July 19, 2009.
- On Golden Pond, starring Leslie Uggams and James Earl Jones. Written by Ernest Thompson, the production played at the Cort Theatre. The director was Leonard Foglia. April 7, 2005 - June 26, 2005.
On July 17, 2007, Jeffrey Finn Productions announced plans for a theatrical play version of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, directed by Kenny Leon and adapted for the stage by Todd Kreidler. Broadway plans are forthcoming.
National Tours and Regional Productions
Between 1996 and 1999, Jeffrey produced a series of five new concerts titled Broadway Songbooks. These national tours starred Melba Moore, Carol Lawrence, Mimi Hines, Diahann Carroll, Marilyn McCoo, and Billy Davis, Jr. and celebrated the songbooks of Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, Rodgers and Hart, and Duke Ellington. Additional national and international tours include The Who's Tommy, A Few Good Men...DANCIN', Leader of the Pack starring Mary Wilson, Promises, Promises, Company, and Chess.
Jeffrey has produced many shows at the Kennedy Center, including Andrew Lloyd Webber's Tell Me on a Sunday starring Alice Ripley (2003), The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber (2005, 2008) and a revival of the Pulitzer Prize-winning drama The Subject Was Roses starring Bill Pullman and Judith Ivey (2006).
By special arrangement with the Really Useful Group, Jeffrey produced a revised version of The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber at other locations including the Hummingbird Centre, The Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts and the Civic Center of Greater Des Moines in 2006.
Jeffrey is co-author of Game Show, which he produced off-Broadway at the 45 Bleecker Theatre. It opened on October 25, 2000.  A production at Harrah's Showboat Casino opened on July 6, 2002. The play was translated into French for a Canadian production outside Montreal, as well as a Toronto sit-down engagement.
In 1998, Jeffrey Finn Productions launched a Corporate Division entitled Hot On Broadway, which presents customized entertainment with stars from current Broadway productions for corporate clients.  The client list includes General Motors, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Harrah's, Ritz-Carlton, Disney, H&R Block, MPI, Jack Morton, and Fidelity Investments.
Jeffrey Finn is a member of Meeting Professionals International.
Awards and Nominations
- 2013 Robert Whitehead Award Winner for Excellence in Commercial Theatre Producing - Commercial Theatre Institute
- 2013 Outer Critics Circle Award nomination for Outstanding Production of a Play for I'll Eat You Last
- 2010 Tony Award nomination for Best Revival of a Play for A View From the Bridge
- 2010 Tony Award nomination for Best Musical for American Idiot
- 2010 Drama Desk nomination for Best Revival of a Play for A View From the Bridge
- 2010 Drama Desk nomination for Best Musical for American Idiot
- 2009 Drama Desk nomination for Best Revival of a Play for Blithe Spirit
- 2005 Tony Award nomination for Best Revival of a Play for On Golden Pond
Notes and references