Jeffrey L. Barnhart
|Jeffrey L. Barnhart|
|Member of the North Carolina House of Representatives
from the 82nd district
|Preceded by||Tim Tallent|
|Succeeded by||Larry Pittman|
March 5, 1956 |
Waverly, New York
|Residence||Concord, North Carolina|
|Alma mater||Southern Illinois University|
Jeffrey L. Barnhart (born March 5, 1956) was a Republican member of the North Carolina General Assembly representing the state's Eighty-second House District, including constituents in Cabarrus County. A businessman, Barnhart served in the state's House of Representatives from 2001-2011. He resigned September 30, 2011, to join the consulting firm McGuireWoods.
Graduated from Waverly High School in 1974. He then attended Southern Illinois University and earned a Bachelors of Science degree in Industrial Technology in 1981.
Served in the United States Air Force from 1978-82.
Early Political career
- Cabarrus County Commissioner – 10 years
- Acting County Manager – Cabarrus County – 8 months
- Cabarrus Economic Development Board of Directors – 9 years
- Water & Sewer Authority of Cabarrus County – 6 years
- Leslie, Laura. "Barnhart steps down to join consulting firm". WRAL website. WRAL TV. Retrieved 27 October 2011.