- "Our center experts and programs help get safe and effective technology to patients and health care professionals on a daily basis. Rapid technological advances enable us to approve such innovations as a diagnostic test for the H1N1 influenza virus, an expandable prosthetic rib for children with abnormal growth conditions, and a test that can help detect ovarian cancer."
Shuren was responsible for the development of Medicare national coverage determinations for drugs, biologics, and non-implantable devices, while director of the Division of Items and Devices, Coverage and Analysis Group at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- B.S. in Medical Education, Northwestern University
- M.D. in Medical Education, Northwestern University
- Residency: Neurology, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: University of Florida College of Medicine, Behavioral Neurology and Clinical Neuropsychology
- J.D., University of Michigan