|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 92nd district
|Preceded by||Joan Krupa|
|Alma mater||University of Illinois|
|Profession||Full Time Legislator|
Gordon-Booth was born and raised in Peoria County, Illinois, where she attended Limestone High School in Bartonville, and attended Parkland College and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Gordon-Booth was on the Pleasant Hill School District 69 Board of Education before her election to the Illinois House.
On June 29, 2000, Gordon-Booth was arrested for shoplifting. She did not pay the pertinent fines however, until January 22, 2008, shortly before her statehouse primary election. Also during her 2008 campaign, Gordon-Booth paid off a fine for driving without insurance; she had failed to appear for that court date, on June 24, 2004.
Gordon-Booth was elected in November 2008 to the seat being vacated by Aaron Schock. She defeated Joan Krupa, but Krupa was appointed to the seat to fill the remaining nine days of Schock's term when Schock became U.S. Representative for Illinois' 18th congressional district.
Representative Gordon-Booth was elected to a second term by a comfortable margin in the November 2010 general election.
- "Election Guide: Jehan Gordon". Peoria Journal Star. Peoria, Illinois. January 14, 2008. Retrieved April 30, 2009.
- "Rep. Jehan Gordon". Illinois House Democrats. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- McDonald, Karen. 92nd District Race Heated: Recent accusations, personal attacks stray from campaign issues. Peoria Journal-Star. October 21, 2008. Retrieved February 20, 2011.
- "Gordon’s fines for shoplifting just paid Tuesday. Peoria Chronicle. January 26, 2008. Retrieved February 20, 2011.
- "State Representative Joan Krupa". WEEK-TV (East Peoria, Illinois). January 13, 2009. Retrieved March 22, 2009.
- Representative Jehan A. Gordon-Booth (D) 92nd District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Jehan Gordon for State Representative
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Jehan Gordon at Illinois House Democrats