|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 92nd district
January 13, 2009
|Preceded by||Joan Krupa|
|Born||1981 (age 33–34)|
|Alma mater||University of Illinois|
|Profession||Full Time Legislator|
Gordon-Booth was born and raised in Peoria County, Illinois, where she attended Limestone High School in Bartonville, and attended Parkland College and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Gordon-Booth was on the Pleasant Hill School District 69 Board of Education before her election to the Illinois House.
Gordon-Booth was elected in November 2008 to the seat being vacated by Aaron Schock. She defeated Joan Krupa, but Krupa was appointed to the seat to fill the remaining nine days of Schock's term when Schock became U.S. Representative for Illinois' 18th congressional district.
Representative Gordon-Booth was elected to a second term by a comfortable margin in the November 2010 general election.
On Saturday, May 24, 2014, her stepson, Derrick Booth, Jr., 22 (his father, Derrick Booth, Sr., is Representative Gordon-Booth's husband and is the head basketball coach at Peoria's Manual High School; he was known as DJ), was shot and later died at a Peoria hospital. Sean T. Walls, 37, who had been identified as the suspect by police, was taken into custody, after having turned himself in, and was booked on a charge of first-degree murder.
- "Election Guide: Jehan Gordon". Peoria Journal Star. Peoria, Illinois. January 14, 2008. Retrieved April 30, 2009.
- "Rep. Jehan Gordon". Illinois House Democrats. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- "State Representative Joan Krupa". WEEK-TV (East Peoria, Illinois). January 13, 2009. Retrieved March 22, 2009.
- Representative Jehan A. Gordon-Booth (D) 92nd District at the Illinois General Assembly
- Jehan Gordon for State Representative
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Jehan Gordon at Illinois House Democrats