|Occupations||Singer, Fashion designer|
|Years active||1998–present (singer)|
Jenn Cuneta (AKA J.Cee) is a female Dance-pop singer/actress/model who was born in Manila, Philippines and was raised and currently lives in the United States, where she calls New York City home. She is a first cousin of Filipino singer and TV star Sharon Cuneta.
Cuneta, who started her career as a teen after moving to the states, began her journey into clubland as J.Cee in 1998 when her first single "Spirit Of Man" was released. Other singles followed, including "Potion" and "Now We Are Free".
In The Philippines she had achieved star status as a recording artist. One of her songs, "Chip On My Shoulder", was a very moderate but successful hit. It was nominated on MTV Philippines the year it was released as "Best New Artist."
In 1998, her song "What You Do" placed in the top 10 in Billboard's Club Pinoy chart.
In 2000, her song "Spirit of Man" (Prod. Frank Lamboy) was included on the soundtrack of the Hollywood hit film "Get Carter".
In 2001, her dance cover to "Now We Are Free", originally by Hans Zimmer / Lisa Gerard from the soundtrack of the Hollywood blockbuster, "Gladiator", had reached #1 on the UK dance charts.
In 2002, an article in the Filipino news outlet Philstar.com reviewed Jenn Cuneta's career, dubbing her "The Filipino version of Jennifer Lopez". That year she was nominated for "Best New Artist" at the 2002 MTV Pilipinas (MTV Philippines) for her song "Chip On My Shoulder" from her debut album "Dreaming of Love". Jenn was edged out by Karylle, who won with her song "Can't Live Without You".
In 2005, Cuneta returned to the United States, this time using her full name, and scored a top 5 hit on the Billboard Dance Top 40 chart with "Come Rain, Come Shine". The track sampled Paul McCartney's 1976 hit "Silly Love Songs".
That same year, Jenn won XM Nation's (XM Satellite Radio) "Dance Artist of the Year" at the inaugural XM Nation Music Awards event. In addition, Jenn Cuneta's single, "Come Rain, Come Shine" had placed her on the #8 position on Billboard Magazine's Annual Issue on the Top Ten Most played artist of 2005 segment. Her song also placed on the Top Ten Most Played Dance Song of 2005.
In 2006, The National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences Committee had placed Jenn Cuneta on the Official Ballot for the 2006 Grammy Awards in three separate categories: Record of the Year, Best New Artist and Best Dance Recording.
On September 16th, 2008 the Nintendo Wii video game "Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2 Full Full Party" was released, featuring Jenn Cuneta's song "Come Rain Come Shine" and the official music video.
On October 16th, 2013 Jenn Cuneta debuted several new music tracks and performed live at the annual Seven Stars Music Group ADE (Amsterdam Dance Event) showcase at Cafe 't Schuim in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The "ADE Sampler" was made available on the same day on Jenn Cuneta's official soundcloud channel: "TheJennCuneta" with the following tracks:
- "Blow Up"
- "Can't Let You Go"
- "Eye On You"
- "Quiero Tu Amor"
- "Fifth Day"
- "All Night"
On August 28, 2013 Jenn appeared together with Joannie Feliciano and a host of young Fil-Am talents in an intimate benefit concert at the Philippine Consulate General in New York as part of a fundraising effort for the rehabilitation of Bantay Bata's Children's Village and to raise awareness and support for people affected by Typhoon Maring.
- "Spirit Of Man" (1998) Frank Lamboy
- "What You Do" (1998) Strictly Rhythm. Included on DJ Scribble and Anthony Acid "mdma vol.1" (Keith's Mental Mix)
- "Music Is My Life" (With Planet Soul) (1999)
- "Potion" (With Ultra 5) (2001) Groovilicious
- "Now We Are Free" (2001) Tommy Boy Records
- "Freedom" (With Twelve Tone) (2001)
As Jenn Cuneta
- "Quero Tu Amor" (2001; UK "Cafe Mambo Ibiza") As Jennifer Cuneta. Compiled By [Tracks Selected By] – Eddie Gordon, DJ Pete Gooding "Siesta II Sunset at Mambo Cafe"
- "Chip On My Shoulder" (2002; Philippines only)
- "Come Rain Come Shine" (2005) - #97 Australia - In the Philippines it was included in Club Myx published by music channel MYX and EMI Philippines. In US its included on Ultra.iDance 04 and Ultra.iDance 05 compilations, August 2005 and Jan. 2006 respectively.
- "Let Me Take You Away" (2006 - Ultra Records; promo & compilation release) Included on Kid Loose / I'm a Looser (Club Mix) (2008)
- "I Want That Man" (2011 - Bill Friar Entertainment)
- "Fifth Day" (2011 - Bill Friar Entertainment)
- "O Holy Night" (2011 - Bill Friar Entertainment)
As DJ JST featuring Jenn Cuneta
- "Nothing Compares 2 U" (2012 Bill Friar Entertainment)
- Official website: www.jenncuneta.com
- Complete results of 2005 XM Nation Music Awards: http://home.nestor.minsk.by/jazz/news/2005/12/0501.html
- January 2002 article on Philstar.com: http://www.philstar.com/entertainment/147482/pinoy-version-j-lo
- "Spirit of Man" Get Carter soundtrack credits (Frank Lamboy): http://www.allmusic.com/album/get-carter-mw0000101256/credits
- Listing of "Potion" (2001) under Ultra 5 on Groovilicious discography: http://www.discogs.com/label/Groovilicious
- Quero Tu Amor on discogs.com http://www.discogs.com/Various-Siesta-II-Sunset-at-Mambo-Cafe/release/2480801
- Record of Billboard magazine article by Keith Caulfield, May 7th 2005 on Come Rain Come Shine: http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/16933738/come-rain-come-shine
- 8/2013 Article in Balitang America (TFC) mentioning Jenn Cuneta's performance: http://184.108.40.206/balitangamerica/ny-filams-give-their-voices-and-hearts-for-batay-bata/
- Older promotional website: Jenn's Official Website
- Gameplay video DDR Hottest Party 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZrMnwSSskM