Mourey at the 2012 VidCon
|Born||Jenna N. Mourey
September 15, 1986
Rochester, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Suffolk University (B.S.)
Boston University (M.Ed.)
|Occupation||Comedian and blogger|
|Known for||Comedy, entertainer, vlogging, landshark|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
Jenna N. Mourey (born September 15, 1986), more commonly known by her pseudonym Jenna Marbles, is an American entertainer and YouTube personality. She is currently based in Santa Monica, CA. She lives with her two dogs, Mr. Marbles, and Kermit. Her channel currently has over 11 million subscribers, making it the 6th most subscribed channel on YouTube and the top channel operated by a woman.
Jenna Marbles was born and raised in Rochester, New York, where she graduated from Brighton High School in 2004. She then moved to Boston where she attended Suffolk University. At Suffolk she obtained her Bachelor of Science in Psychology, and later attended Boston University for her Masters of Education in Sport Psychology and Counseling. Jenna initially started her career with Barstool Sports, where she wrote for their female counterpart StoolLaLa.
Jenna Marbles' video "How To Trick People Into Thinking You're Good Looking" had over 5.3 million views in its first week. Her video "How To Avoid Talking To People You Don't Want To Talk To" was featured in an August article in the New York Times and ABC News, in which she said: "I'm sick and tired of guys thinking that just because I showed up at a club or a dance or a bar, that I want to have their genitalia touching my backside." The video had approximately 32 million views as of October 6, 2013. She uploads a new video to her YouTube channel every Wednesday or Thursday. Her pseudonym "Jenna Marbles" comes from that fact that when Mourey started making videos she didn't want her mom to find out what she was doing online, due to her language. The name "Marbles" comes from her dog named Marbles.
Jenna Marbles has released a brand of dog toys called Kermie Worm & Mr.Marbles. The toys' appearances are based upon her real dogs. She has also created assorted items with some of her greatest quotes on them (e.g. 'what are this')
- "YouTube Top 10 Most Subscribed Channels".
- "Exclusive: Jenna Marbles on Her Unexpected YouTube Success". What's Trending. YouTube. May 3, 2012. Retrieved December 28, 2012.
- Jenna Marbles (February 15, 2011). "How to Trick People into Thinking You're Really Good Looking". YouTube. Retrieved November 2, 2011.
- "Rendering Grinders Toothless". New York Times. August 12, 2011. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- ""Jenna Marbles'" Anti-Dirty Dance: Teens Say No to Grinding - ABC News". ABC News. August 16, 2011. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- Jenna Marbles (February 15, 2011). "How To Avoid Talking To People You Don't Want To Talk To". YouTube. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- O’Leary, Amy (April 12, 2013). "The Woman With 1 Billion Clicks, Jenna Marbles". The New York Times. Retrieved April 13, 2013.
- Sam Gutelle (February 11, 2013). "Epic Rap Battles of History Pits Man Against Woman With Jenna Marbles". Tubefilter. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jenna Marbles.|