February 26, 1974
|Education||Binghamton University SUNY-Geneseo|
|Occupation||Anchor and Correspondent (NBC News)|
|Notable credit(s)||Weekend Today
news anchor (2012–present)
|Partner(s)||Stephanie Gosk (2012–present)|
Jenna Wolfe (born Jennifer Wolfeld; February 26, 1974) is an Jamaican American journalist. She is a correspondent for NBC's Today, and the news anchor for Weekend Today, and had once substituted on the NBC Nightly News.
Early life and education
Wolfe was born in Kingston, Jamaica, and grew up in Pétionville, Haiti. Her father, Bennet Wolfeld, was a Puerto Rican Jew who was born and raised in Puerto Rico. He owned a chain of leather factories in Puerto Rico and moved to Jamaica with his wife when he expanded his operations. Her mother, Sheila Greenfeld, was an American Jew from New Jersey. Wolfe had a religious upbringing and had her bat mitzvah while living in the islands.
She moved from Jamaica to Haiti when she was five. In 1989, her family moved to the United States. Wolfe attended SUNY Geneseo from 1992 to 1994. She graduated from Binghamton University with Bachelor of Arts degrees in French and English in 1996.
From 2004 to 2007, she was the weekend morning sports anchor for WABC's Eyewitness News in New York City where she had a special segment called "Jenna's Beef," in which she editorialized an event from the world of sports that week. Prior to that, she worked for the Madison Square Garden Network, WPHL-TV in Philadelphia as the first female sportscaster, WICZ-TV in Binghamton, New York, WUHF-TV in Rochester, New York, and the Today Show as an intern. Aside from her journalistic duties, Wolfe has appeared as a judge on Food Network's Iron Chef America.
She speaks English, French and Creole. On March 27, 2013, Wolfe publicly came out as a lesbian and announced that she is expecting her first child with her partner, NBC News Correspondent Stephanie Gosk. Wolfe and her partner live in Manhattan. Wolfe and Gosk welcomed a baby a girl named Harper Estelle Wolfeld-Gosk on August 21, 2013 at 7:31 p.m.
On August 22, 2014, Wolfe announced that she is expecting her second child in February 2015.
- Jenna Wolfe msnbc.msn.com
- Today Show: "Lester and Jenna trace their Jamaican roots" Aired on September 09, 2012
- Jamaica Observer: "JAMAICAN ON A MISSION: Jenna Wolfe" July 29, 2012
- Irwin, David, "NBC Sunday TODAY Show to Air Feature on Co-host's Return to SUNY Geneseo", SUNY Geneseo Press Release, September 24, 2009
- Jessica Alba, on Jessica Alba: How I Handle the Paparazzi (2012-03-14). "Baby Girl on the Way for Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk – Moms & Babies – Celebrity Babies and Kids - Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- TODAY.com staff (2013-08-22). "Jenna Wolfe, Stephanie Gosk welcome baby girl". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- TODAY.com staff (2014-08-22). "More baby news! Jenna Wolfe and Stephanie Gosk are expecting their second child". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2014-08-22.
- Jenna Wolfe's All Day Debut
- "Ch. 2 lifts anchors for new shifts". New York Daily news. June 22, 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "Former Intern Returns To "Today", On-Air". Mediabistro.com. August 13, 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-09.[dead link]
- Jenna Wolfe Assisting Home Renovators