Jenna von Oÿ
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2008)|
|Jenna von Oÿ|
|Born||Jennifer Jean von Oÿ
May 2, 1977
Danbury, Connecticut, U.S.
|Other names||Jenna Van Oy, Jenna von Oy, Jenna Von Oy|
Jenna von Oÿ (born May 2, 1977) is an American actress and country music singer. She is best known for her roles as Six LeMeure on the NBC sitcom Blossom, and as Stevie Van Lowe on the UPN sitcom The Parkers.
Early life and career
Born Jennifer Jean von Oÿ in Danbury, Connecticut, to Gloria and Frank von Oÿ. She attended Newtown High School. She began her acting career as a child in regional stage productions and commercials. Von Oÿ made her television acting debut in 1986 on an episode of ABC Weekend Special, followed by a guest roles on Tales from the Darkside and Kate & Allie. From 1990 to 1991, she co-starred in the short-lived CBS sitcom Lenny.
From 1990 to 1995, von Oÿ appeared in the role of the fast talking Six Lemeure on the series Blossom. After the series ended, she attended film school at the University of Southern California and was an active member of the Kappa Alpha Theta fraternity, for two years before dropping out to return to acting. In 1999, she won the role of Stevie van Lowe, Kim Parker's (Countess Vaughn) sidekick on The Parkers. During the run of The Parkers, von Oÿ also provided the voice of Trinket St. Blaire in animated series Pepper Ann. After The Parkers ended its run in 2004, von Oÿ appeared in the 2005 television film Marsha Potter Gets a Life. Later that year she guest starred on an episode of Cold Case, and parodied Lauren Graham's character of Lorelai Gilmore in the Family Guy episode "Perfect Castaway".
In addition to television, von Oÿ has also appeared in the feature film Born on the Fourth of July (1989), opposite Tom Cruise. She has also provided the voices of Stacey in A Goofy Movie (1995) and Gracie in direct-to-DVD feature Dr. Dolittle 3 (2006).
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (December 2013)|
On October 10, 2010, von Oÿ married computer data consultant Brad Bratcher in Newtown, Connecticut. In May 2012, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Gray Audrey Bratcher. On June 18, 2014, Jenna revealed she and her husband Brad were expecting their second child, a girl, due in November 2014. On November 1, 2014, Jenna and Brad welcomed their daughter, Marlowe Monroe Bratcher.
|1986||The Kingdom Chums: Little David's Adventure||Mary Ann||Television film|
|1986||Tales from the Darkside||Stefa||Episode: "Season of Belief"|
|1987||At Mother's Request||Audrey Schreuder||TV Movie|
|1987||Kate & Allie||Episode: "Dearly Beloved"|
|1989||Born on the Fourth of July||Young Suzanne Kovic|
|1990–91||Lenny||Kelly Callahan||16 episodes|
|1990–95||Blossom||Six Lemeure||114 episodes|
|1993||Saved by the Bell: The College Years||Herself||Episode: "A Thanksgiving Story"|
|1995||A Goofy Movie||Stacey||Voice|
|1995||Family Values||Phoebe Huck||Pilot movie (series not picked up)|
|1996||She Cried No||Jordan||TV Movie|
|1997||Dying to Belong||Shelby Blake||TV Movie|
|1997||Chicago Hope||Stacey Kagan||Episode: "White Trash"|
|1997||Unhappily Ever After||Bitsy Berg||Episode: "Little Miss Perfect"|
|1998||7th Heaven||Theresa||Episode: "...And a Nice Chianti"|
|1999||Moesha||Stevie||Episode: "It Takes Two"|
|Pepper Ann||Trinket (Voice)||6 episodes|
|2001||What's with Andy?||Jen||6 episodes|
|2005||Cold Case||Kitty 1982||Episode: "Schadenfreude"|
|2005||Family Guy||Rory||Episode: "The Perfect Castaway"|
|2006||Dr. Dolittle 3||Gracie||Voice|
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award||Category||Title of work||Result|
|1991||Young Artist Award||Best Young Actress Starring in a New Television Series||Lenny||Nominated|
|1992||Young Artist Award||Best Young Actress Co-starring in a Television Series||Blossom||Nominated|
|1993||Young Artist Award||Best Young Actress Co-starring in a Television Series||Blossom||Won|
|1994||Young Artist Award||Best Youth Comedienne||Blossom||Won|
- Riggs, Thomas (2005). Contemporary Theatre, Film and Television 60. Gale Group. p. 303. ISBN 0-7876-9033-3.
- Cerio, Greg (1995-04-10). "This Six Is a Ten". People 43 (14). ISSN 0093-7673.
- Brooks, Tim; Marsh, Earle F. (2007-10-17). The Complete Directory to Prime love Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present (9 ed.). Ballantine Books. p. 781. ISBN 0-345-49773-2.
- Mansour, David (2005). From Abba to Zoom: A Pop Culture Encyclopedia of the Late 20th Century. Andrews McMeel Publishing. p. 49. ISBN 0-7407-5118-2.
- Laufenberg, Norbert B. (2005). Entertainment Celebrities. Trafford Publishing. p. 679. ISBN 1-4120-5335-8.
- Brooks, Tim; Marsh, Earle F. (2007-10-17). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present (9 ed.). Ballantine Books. p. 1053. ISBN 0-345-49773-2.
- Messer, Lesley (2010-10-25). "Blossom's Jenna Von Oy Reveals Details of Her Wedding". people.com. Retrieved October 25, 2010.
- "Jenna von Oy Welcomes Daughter". People. 2012-05-25. Retrieved 25 May 2012.