Falconer at the 2008 BAFTA Television Awards
12 February 1976 |
|Height||5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m)|
|Spouse(s)||James Midgley (m. 2010)|
Jenni Falconer (born 12 February 1976) is a Scottish radio and television presenter best known for her roles on the ITV daytime show This Morning, where she is a regular travel reporter and is an occasional stand-in host. Jenni was among presenters of the BBC One National Lottery Draws until 2013. She is currently a radio presenter for The Heart Network, presenting early breakfast on weekdays and Sunday breakfast.
Falconer spent some of her formative years in Bishopbriggs and Milngavie, two towns on the outskirts of Glasgow. After her family relocated to the South of England when she was seven, Falconer moved to Leeds in 1994 to study Spanish and Italian with minors in Latin, Geography and Management Studies. Whilst studying at university, she also launched her television career. She was offered a contract by ITV to make a documentary and a consumer show on the proviso that she left her studies.
Falconer made her television debut in 1994 as a contestant on Blind Date, and later presented BBC Scotland's Big Country, ITV's documentary series 3D and consumer show We Can Work It Out alongside Judy Finnigan and Jane Harvey. She hosted travel shows, Holiday and How to Holiday. She was the main co-host of Entertainment Today from its launch in 2000 until its end in July 2008 on GMTV.
Her other work includes reporting on I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! in Australia for GMTV in 2003, 2004 and 2006, hosting The National Lottery Draws in September 2006 and hosting Cirque de Celebrité in October 2007. She also worked on a show about 24 for Sky1 24 in 24 which she suggested in the first place so she could meet Keifer Sutherland.
She hosted three series of Fantasy Homes By the Sea, which is broadcast around the world including BBC Canada.
Falconer currently works as a travel reporter for This Morning. She has also guest presented the show during Holly Willoughby's maternity leave from May to July 2011, sharing duties with Ruth Langsford and returned in 2013. She is also an occasional stand-in presenter in This Morning's interactive "hub".
|Heat||Air Date||Dive||Judges' Scores||Result|
|Andy Banks||Jo Brand||Leon Taylor||Total|
|1||5 January 2013||1 1⁄2 somersault (3m)||6.0||8.0||6.5||20.5||Voted off by the judges|
Note* Scores are out of a possible 10 points. Note* In the first heat, Falconer received 17.47% of all the public votes that night
On 14 March 2013, Global Radio announced that Falconer would join Heart to host the Sunday morning show from 6 to 8 am, replacing Jason Donovan who took a break from the network to tour in the musical Priscilla: Queen of the Desert.
In June 2009, Falconer was unveiled as the face and body of Adore Moi underwear range by Ultimo.
- Blind Date (1994) - Contestant
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks (22 October 2001, 24 December 2006) - Guest
- Celebrities Under Pressure (7 August 2004) - Contestant
- Hider in the House (2007) - Celebrity 'hider'
- All Star Family Fortunes (8 December 2007) - Contestant
- School's Out (14 July 2007) - Contestant
- Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong (29 February 2008) - Guest
- All Star Mr & Mrs (27 February 2010) - Contestant
- Ten Mile Menu (26 July 2010) - Participant
- The Cube: Celebrity Special (21 November 2010) - Contestant
- What's Cooking? (16 April 2013) - Guest
- The Chase: Celebrity Special (23 November 2013) - Contestant
- Sport Relief's Top Dog (11 March 2014) - Team captain
Since 2002, Falconer has been a celebrity patron of the charity Breast Cancer 2000.
- This Morning, 15 May 2011
- Tibbetts, Graham (16 March 2001). "Love split put me on the road to telly fame; GMTV star Jenni on secret heartache". Mirror Group Newspaper=The Mirror. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
- "Jason Donovan takes a break from Heart". Radio Today. 14 March 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- "Jenni Falconer Names Daughter 'Ella Rose'". Contactmusic.com. 21 September 2011. Retrieved 15 March 2013.
- Bull, Sarah (21 September 2011). "'Totally smitten' Jenni Falconer and James Midgley welcome first child, daughter Ella Rose". Mail Online (Associated Newspapers Limited). Retrieved 21 September 2011.