|Residence||New York City|
|Alma mater||Cornell University|
|Occupation||Founder and president of Skylight Group|
Jennifer Blumin is the founder and president of Skylight Group, a venue management firm in New York City.
Blumin focuses on the adaptive reuse of New York's historic buildings, turning underused assets into event venues for clients such as Ralph Lauren, Google, and the Whitney Museum. Skylight Group's portfolio includes the High Line, Skylight One Hanson in the former Williamsburgh Savings Bank and Skylight at Moynihan Station, located in the historic James Farley Post Office. Blumin converted the banking hall in the Williamsburgh Savings Bank building into Skylight One Hanson, winter home of the Brooklyn Flea, and host to events such as the Brooklyn Academy of Music's gala. Blumin has maneuvered to make Skylight Group the third player of New York's Fashion Week.[clarification needed] Blumin has held fashion shows in reclaimed industrial spaces for designers such as Ralph Lauren, Theyskens' Theory, rag & bone, and Philip Lim. She has brought designers Proenza Schouler and Hugo Boss to yet another offsite location, this time billionaire Mort Zuckerman's Boston Properties's midtown high rise, giving the Boston real estate firm a bit of added publicity for yet to be leased spaces within the building.
In 2012, Blumin entered into a partnership with Friends of the High Line for Skylight Group to produce all private events on the elevated park. The James A. Farley Post Office project, called Skylight at Moynihan Station is in partnership with the ESD and serves to draw attention to the landmarked McKim, Meade & White building as it undergoes a conversion into the future home of Amtrak.
Jennifer Blumin was named one of Ernst and Young's 12 National Entrepreneurial Winning Women 2013. Forbes Magazine announced all of the 2013 winners under the heading, "12 Inspiring Female Entrepreneurs"
- "Skylight's the limit: Event spaces spur neighborhood growth, buzz – Page 1". NY Daily News. June 3, 2011. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "Jennifer Blumin: President, Skylight Group, New York, 34 Claim to fame: Blumin has built a reputation for transforming underused spaces". Bizbash.com. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "Skylight's the limit: Event spaces spur neighborhood growth, buzz – Page 2". NY Daily News. June 3, 2011. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- "12 Inspiring Female Entrepreneurs". Forbes.com. November 15, 2013.
- Forbes Magazine: Billionaire Mort Zuckerman's Offices House Hugo Boss Catwalk During New York Fashion Week
- Gotham Magazine: Fashion Shows in Unlikely Places
- Wall Street Journal: Setting Stages Fit for Bond
- New York Magazine: Beyond the Tents: The New Industrial Catwalk
- New York Times: Free to Say, 'I Do,' but Where?
- New York Daily News: Skylight's the limit: Event spaces spur neighborhood growth, buzz
- NBC New York: Purse Purge: Jennifer Blumin's Bike-Friendly Gear
- BizBash 2011 Innovative Event Pros